Whether he is playing the part of the intense Tyrion Lannister in the HBO series, Game of Thrones, or the role of the antagonistic yet lovable Renault in The Boss, we just love Peter Dinklage. So when it comes to the topic of Peter Dinklage’s height, weight, and body measurements, all we can say is, ‘why not?’ So, without further ado, let us check out a few facts about the actor himself.
- He was born Peter Hayden Dinklage on June 11, 1969, in Morristown, New Jersey to John Carl Dinklage (1931–2004), a retired insurance salesman, and Diane Dinklage, an elementary school music teacher.
- He is the only American cast member on the HBO series, Game Of Thrones (GOT).
- Being the first pick for anything means you definitely have something special and you bet that Peter has something special. No other actor was even considered for the part of Tyrion on Game of Thrones and that worked out pretty well for them.
- There is no one alive that has not heard of Bruce Springsteen, well, Peter was neighbors with him when they were still kids… apparently, he even used to come over to play the guitar at the Dinklage’s house and Peter’s mom was not quite impressed with him.
- When he was still new in the business, he had to learn how to say no and he has gotten pretty good at it. He has never accepted any demeaning roles that come with being a dwarf and his career is thriving for it.
- The star is of very mixed ancestry, he has English, German and Irish blood… so in a way, he fits right in with the cast of GOT.
- We love it when our stars show how awesome they are by appearing on Sesame Street, in other words, Peter Dinklage has been on Sesame Street.
- Though he plays a badass on GOT, he could not be more different from his sword-wielding character. He absolutely hates the swordplay, but it pays the bills.
Before we get carried away, because we were on our way there, let us move on to the topic at hand beginning with Peter Dinklage’s height.
Peter Dinklage’s Height
Ok, it is already quite obvious that the star is not quite on the tall side, but he is living proof that height is not exactly part of the recipe for excitement, fulfillment or success. He stands 4 feet and 5 inches tall and he rocks every foot/inch that he has got. He dropped his actual height in a BBC interview once and this is what he said, ‘ There are a lot of people in a lot worse shape than me. I’m 4’5″ and it’s part of who I am, just not the whole part.’
As usual, there are people out there who seriously doubt that the star actually stands as tall as his listed height; some think he is calling his height when he is in shoes, rather than barefoot. The cool thing about these naysayers is that they are careful to be diplomatic about putting down his height and that, people, is how awesome Peter Dinklage is.
Here is a list of celebrities who share Peter Dinklage’s height. Darcy Rose Byrnes, Janette Tough and Dylan Post AKA Hornswoggle all stand as tall as the star.
Peter Dinklage’s Weight
We obviously do not expect him to weigh that much for obvious reasons, but out of curiosity lets see how the star rolls in the weight section. Peter weighs 51 kilograms and it’s just written in the stars that he makes every kilogram look good.
Apart from the fact that it would be totally criminal for him not to be in that weight range, there are definitely a few other factors that affect the star’s weight. First of all, Peter has pretty good eating habits, seeing as he is a strict vegetarian. Yes, he has stated that he loves animals and can’t imagine himself eating any of them, be it a cow, goat or chicken.
He is also a dedicated PETA supporter so that about sums up his eating habits. In addition to his eating habits, the star also takes care off his body as a whole, he is very conversant with the gym, if you know what we mean, and it shows.
Peter Dinklage’s Body Measurements
In addition to Peter Dinklage’s height and weight, here is a summary of his body measurements.
Height: 4 feet 5 inches
Weight: 51 kilograms
Body Measurements: Undisclosed
Feet/Shoe Size: Undisclosed