Carrie Coon is an American actress of mixed ethnicity who despite her busy schedule, finds time to engage within social organizations where she is actively working on social trust and providing various materials that are needed to make a difference. She is always using her star power to provide financial and moral support to several women’s organizations.
Carrie Coon was born in Copley, Ohio, in the USA in 1981. She was Christened Carrie Alexandra Coon but known as Carrie Coon for short. Coon is of American nationality but her ethnicity is mixed (German, English, French, Slovak and Hungarian). She was born as the 3rd child of Paula Coon, Mother, and John Coon Father. She grew up with four siblings, one sister and three brothers.
Coon’s educational history can be traced to Copley High School where she studied till 1999. Immediately after she left high school, she attended The University of Wisconsin-Madison where she was awarded a bachelor’s degree in arts in 2003. She majored in English and Spanish. After her successful years at the university, she joined the acting profession, working with The Madison Repertory Theater. She has starred in many films and drama series ever since.
She made her professional stage debut at the Madison Repertory Theater in the production of Our Town after which she moved on to the American Players Theatre where she spent four seasons.
In 2008, Coon relocated to Chicago from where she made an appearance in a production of Brontë. For years, the actress moved around a lot; from Chicago to Wisconsin, in a bid to alternate between productions in Chicago and Milwaukee as well as seasons with the American Players Theatre.
The actress is best known for her part in the HBO drama series The Leftovers (2014–2017), where she starred as Nora Durst. Consequently, she received widespread critical acclaim, winning a Critics Choice Television Award for Best Actress in a Drama Series. She stared as Gloria Burgle in season three of FX anthology series Fargo (2017), as Honey in Who is Afraid of Virginia Woolf? as Margo Dunne in the thriller Gone Girl (2014) and Meg Greenfield in the drama The Post (2017).
Coon’s relationship status is married. After the termination of a long affair, she met and married Tracy Letts who is an actor and a playwright. The lovebirds tied the knot in 2013 and till date, they are still living in marital bliss. They met when they co-starred in the same film the previous year. Coon’s husband Tracy Letts is very happy as he claims that divorce is not in the picture for them.
On her own part, Coon is very happy with her marriage and she gives all the credit of her success to her beloved husband who she claims is her motivation and inspiration. The couple is expecting the birth of their first child before the end of the year.
Height and Other Body Measurements
Carrie Coon is 1.65 m tall; her hair color is brown and the color of her eyes is blue. Sadly, more details on her body measurements and other body statistics are not readily accessible online.
Quick Facts About Carrie Coon
- Her parents were to Paula and John Coon.
- She is the 3rd child in a family of five with an elder sister, an elder brother and two younger brothers.
- In 2013, she tied the nuptial knot with Tracy Letts who is a playwright and announced the coming of their first child in January 2018.
- Coon is best Known for her part in The Leftovers where she played the part of Nora Dust (2014–2017).
- In 2017, she took a lead role in the FX anthology series Fargo. For her effort, she was nominated for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Limited Series or Movie.
- For her part in both Fargo and The Leftovers, she won the TCA Award for Individual Achievement in Drama.
- She bagged a Master of Fine Arts degree in acting from the University of Wisconsin – Madison in 2006 and later spent four years with the American Players Theatre.
- She made her first appearance on TV in a 2011 episode of The Playboy Club.
- Her sexuality can be said to be straight because we have not heard any rumors about her on abnormal sexual behaviors.
- Coon is active on the social media with 11k followers on Facebook, 25.1k followers on Instagram and 28.8 followers on the Twitter. The digits are subject to constant changes.