How well do you know Burkely Duffield? The Canadian actor has managed to keep a relatively low profile even after getting lead roles in not one but two television shows. The actor was first cast in the lead role as Eddie Miller in the Nickelodeon show – House Of Anubis.
The mystery television series was based on Het Huis Anubis. The show which was created by Gert Verhulst and Hans Bourlon premiered in 2011 and was the first television show on the network to have a telenovela format. The series also starred Nathalia Ramos, Brad Kavanagh, Alex Sawyer and Alexandra Shipp (who went on to star in X Men: Apocalypse, Love, Simon and Straight Outta Compton).
In 2017, he was cast as the lead in the Freeform science fiction television series about Holden Matthew, a young man who wakes from a coma after twelve years only to discover that he has supernatural abilities. He finds himself in the middle of a conspiracy as he struggles to figure out what happened to him during those twelve years. He also struggles to readjust to how much the world has changed. The Canadian actor was cast as Holden Matthew in the show created by Adam Nussdorf. Other actors in the show include Dilan Gwyn, Romy Rosemont, Michael McGrady and Jordan Calloway (who also appeared in Black Lightning, House of Lies and Riverdale).
Bio & Age
Burkely Duffield was born on the 9th of August, 1992 in Vancouver, Canada. There are many celebrities also born on the 9th of August including Anna Kendrick, Whitney Houston, Jessica Capshaw, Anwar Jibawi, Bill Skarsgard and Adelaide Kane; you could say, he is in good company.
He has a younger sister – Victoria Duffield and a brother, Mitchell Duffield.
Gay Or Straight? Does The Actor Have A Girlfriend?
As with most people in the spotlight and the entertainment world, there have been speculations about the actor’s sexuality. However, based on his previous relationships, the actor is not gay.
He keeps a lot of his personal life out of the media although there have been rumours about his relationships. The Canadian heartthrob was rumoured to have been in a relationship with English actress Jade Ramsey who was also an actress on House of Anubis where she played Patricia Williamson. When asked about their relationship, they both dodged the questions and never confirmed anything.
However, in an interview with Glitter Magazine, the actor confirmed to be in a relationship but the girl he was in the relationship with was not Jade. Let’s just say, the jury is still out on that one.
Facts About Burkely Duffield
1. The actor has been in the game for a while and he has the ‘rap sheet’ to prove it. Duffield has appeared in several movies including Under The Mistletoe, Pathfinder, Kickin It Old Skool, Numb, Ace Of Hearts, And Baby Will fall, Mega Cyclone, Jinxed, My Mother’s Future Husband, Paper Angels, One Crazy Cruise and 2016’s sleeper hit, the fantasy movie – Warcraft.
2. His television credits are also pretty impressive – besides House of Anubis and Beyond, he has appeared in Masters of Science Fiction, Aliens in America, Supernatural, The Tomorrow People, Minority Report and The Arrangement.
3. Based on his selected filmography above, you can easily see that the actor clearly has a preference for science fiction and fantasy productions. Who can blame him, they are the most fun to film.
4. He is an older brother to the Canadian pop star, dancer and actress – Victoria Duffield. His younger sister, who was born on the 3rd of January 1995, got her start in the music industry by appearing in The Next Star, a reality competition series. After her appearance on the show, she released an extended play – Secrets – which included three singles. Luckily, she signed with Warner Music Canada and her next single – Shut Up and Dance peaked at number 12 on the Canadian Hot 100 chart. Shortly after, she released her debut album and the rest, as they say, is history (at least for now).
5. Burkely Duffield also attended the University of British Columbia to study Business. While his degree is currently uncompleted, he has repeatedly expressed the desire to go back and complete his studies. It remains to be seen if he will actually push through with it.