Geffri Hightower is an African American actress, writer, and director from South Central Los Angeles, United States. She is 28 years old and stands at a height of 5 feet 6 inches (167 cm). So far, she has kept details of her personal life to herself, making it rather challenging to determine whether she has a husband or boyfriend.
Geffri Hightower rose to the limelight with her portrayal of Maya Davies, later Maya Bennett, in 12 TV series Private Practice episodes from 2007 to 2010, having made her debut as an 11-year-old in 2006.
She has since maintained her presence in the industry with several movie and TV credits to her name. Her most recent role as Simone Hicks in the hit TV series All American and its spinoff series All American: Homecoming has refocused the spotlight on her. Here is everything we know about her.
Summary of Geffri Hightower’s Bio
- Full name: Geffri Maya Hightower
- Gender: Female
- Date of birth: February 25, 1995
- Place of birth: South Central Los Angeles, United States
- Geffri Hightower’s Age: 28 years old
- Ethnicity: African American
- Nationality: American
- Zodiac Sign: Pisces
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
- Religion: Christianity
- Marital Status: Single
- Geffri Hightower’s Parents: Stephanie Renee Hightower (mother)
- Geffri Hightower’s Height in Inches: 5 feet 6 inches
- Geffri Hightower’s Height in Centimeters: 167 cm
- Geffri Hightower’s Weight: 60 kg (132 lb)
- Hair color: Black
- Eye color: Dark Brown
- Education: Alexander Hamilton High School, Clark Atlanta University
- Profession: Actress, writer, director
- Geffri Hightower’s Net Worth: Est. $5 million
- Famous for: Being an actress
- Geffri Hightower’s Instagram: @girlwithaboysname
How Old Is Geffri Hightower?
Geffri Hightower is currently 28 years old. She was born Geffri Maya Hightower on February 25, 1995, in South Central Los Angeles, United States. Her birth sign is Pisces and she is an American citizen by birth. Geffri was born to African American parents which confirms her ethnic identity as African American.
Speaking of parents, the actress has yet to reveal the identity of her father but we can confirm that her mother’s name is Stephanie Renee Hightower. Geffri was reportedly raised by her mother and grandmother and there is no indication that she grew up with any siblings. She is quite close to her mother and often shares posts of them, together, on her Instagram page.
While she has been quite reticent to reveal the identity of her father, sources close to Geffri have revealed that she is also on good terms with him. Much of Geffri’s early life is encapsulated in the fact that she earned her high school diploma at Alexander Hamilton High School before proceeding to Clark Atlanta University, a HBCU where she graduated with a degree in Mass Communication and Journalism.
She Earns Her Living In Show Business As An Actress, Writer, And Director
As earlier stated, Geffri Hightower’s sojourn into the American entertainment industry began at a relatively young age. Her passion for the performing arts was quite strong and it eventually led to her living her dream as an actress, writer, director, and model.
As has been revealed through a series of interviews she has granted over the years, Geffri’s interest in acting was ignited by watching child actors on screen during her childhood, and she wanted nothing more than to be one of those child actors. She eventually had her wish after she was handed her debut role in 2006 in the TV series Jericho. She was just 11 years old at the time.
The following year, at the age of 12, she landed her first big role when she was tasked with portraying the character Maya Davies, later Maya Bennett in the TV series Private Practice. The 12 episodes she appeared in spanned three years from 2007 to 2010.
It’s also vital to point out that just a year into her portrayal as Maya in Private Practice, Geffri was also presented with the opportunity to play the role of the character Latrinda in the hit TV series Everybody Hates Chris, and she took it with both hands.
Geffri Hightower’s Career In The Entertainment Industry Paused For A While
Geffri Hightower’s interest in being a dancer was evident in the fact that she trained at the Debbie Allen Dance Academy in Los Angeles, and even considered going to Fordham University to study dance. However, her early sojourn into the world of the performing arts was momentarily paused in favor of her decision to attend Clark Atlanta University.
Her acting career reportedly took off in earnest after she graduated from the university, and she followed up her earlier acting projects with several others, including making appearances in movies and TV series such as Q & A, Blaq Gold, Defending Daddy, Nasty Habits, Beast Mode, Loco, and many others.
Her acting star recently shone white bright due to her involvement in the production of the hit TV series All American and its spinoff series All American: Homecoming. Her role as Simone Hicks earned her positive rave reviews from fans and critics alike.
Below is a list of Geffri Hightower’s Movies and TV Shows
- 2006 Jericho as Allison (1 ep)
- 2007 – 2010 Private Practice as Maya Davis/Maya Bennett (12 eps)
- 2008 Everybody Hate Chris as Latrinda (1 ep)
- 2015 Finding Carter 1 ep
- 2016 The Inspectors as Kristin Masterantonio (1 ep)
- 2017 Shots Fired as Eufaula (1 ep)
- 2017 Nasty Habits as Sky (1 ep)
- 2018 The Pre-Quarter Life Crisis as Kevin-Rose Hankins (10 eps)
- 2019 WTF, Baron Davis as Zoe (7 eps)
- 2019 Blak-ish as Zion (2 eps)
- 2021 Snowfall as Khadijah Brown
- 2019 – 2022 All American as Simone Hicks (27 eps)
- 2022 – 2023 All American: Homecoming as Simone Hicks (28 eps)
- 2014 Q & A
- 2015 Southern Lights Over-Exposed: The Visual Album
- 2016 Defending Daddy as Adult Mandy
- 2019 With(out) You as Delphine
- 2015 Black Gold as Jasmine Hardaway
- 2019 Beast Mode
- 2018 East of La Brea as Aisha (1 ep)
- 2020 Loco as Lydia
Is Geffri Hightower Married, Dating, or Single?
Geffri Hightower keeps details of her personal life close to her chest. As such, it has been quite challenging to determine her relationship status at the moment.
Based on her social media activity on social platforms like Instagram, we can confirm that she is not married at the moment, and nothing indicates that she is in a romantic relationship currently.
Geffri Hightower Is 2 Inches Taller Than The Average American Actress
Geffri Hightower is 5 feet 6 inches (167 cm) and weighs approximately 60 kg (132 lbs.). Her height is just about 2 inches taller than the average American woman and actress who stands at 5 feet 4 inches tall.
Her exact body measurements are unknown but she has a nice physique that is aptly complimented by her dark brown eyes and beautiful black hair.