Sharon Case’s net worth is estimated at $3 million. She is one of the most successful models and actresses in the US movie industry, and apart from her showbiz career, she also makes money from her various business ventures.
Thanks to her long-running role in the CBS soap opera, The Young and the Restless, which has for a very long time been the highest-rated daytime drama on American television, actress Sharon Case has become a household name.
Her excellent portrayal of the character Sharon Newman has earned her numerous award nominations over the years and she has managed to win a couple, most notably a Daytime Emmy Award in 1999 for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series.
Formerly a model, Case also intrigued a lot of people with her beautiful look and excellent gait. This led her to work overseas for a while before later returning to launch her acting career.
|Net Worth:||$3 million|
|Age/Date of Birth:||52 years old (9 February 1971)|
|Height:||5 feet, 7 inches (1.7m)|
|Husband or Boyfriend:||She's been dating Mark Grossman since September 2019.
Was married to Sandy Corzine (2007–09)
Interesting Facts About Sharon Case’s Career
Sharon Case has come a long way in her career as an actress since she set foot in the industry more than three decades ago. As a child, she always wanted to be an actress and so she couldn’t be happier to be living her dream. But prior to launching a full-time acting career, Case thought it would be a good start to try her hand at modeling.
The aspiring model, who was involved heavily in ballet and jazz dancing as a child, caught the attention of a scout while attending a modeling event and was offered a gig that required her to go to Japan. Aged 17, Case took the opportunity and moved to Japan where she stayed for six months before returning to Los Angeles where she finally made up her mind to pursue acting.
Upon her return, Sharon Case fully immersed herself into theatre acting, taking lead roles in productions of Grease, The Wizard, and The Nutcracker. In 1989, about a year after she began to fully pursue her acting interests, the actress launched her television acting career by landing a role in the ABC Network soap opera, General Hospital, where she played the character of Dawn Winthrop.
Case’s role in General Hospital lasted for a year after which she moved to make appearances in other shows and movies like Doogie Howser, M.D., Diplomatic Immunity, Beverly Hills, 90210, Parker Lewis Can’t Lose, and Silk Stalkings.
Between 1992 and 1993, she played the recurring role of Debbie Simon in As the World Turns before bagging what would turn out to be her most popular role to date, that of Sharon Newman in The Young and the Restless. Her character has been of huge significance due to its exploration and addressing of numerous social issues like mental health, infidelity, and rape. Case’s performance in the role has garnered critical acclaim and received several recognitions and awards, including an impressive five Daytime Emmy Award nominations, winning one in 1999.
Since taking on the role of Sharon Newman which she continues to play today, Sharon Case has also received acting credits in other projects like Valley of the Dolls (1994), Breast Men (1997), Wentworth (2005), Carpool Guy (2005), Repressions (2007), Poor Paul (2009), Dad’s Home (2010), and Hell’s Kitchen (2014).
Highlights of Sharon Case’s Successful Career
- Her debut acting role was a recurring role as Dawn Winthrop in the Guinness World Record-holding soap opera General Hospital. (1989–90)
- Sharon’s next major role was yet another recurring role as Debbie Simon in the CBS soap opera As the World Turns from 1992–93
- Her first regular role which also became her breakthrough role was as Sharon Newman in The Young and the Restless.
- In 1994, the year she debuted in The Young and the Restless she received another regular role in Valley of the Dolls, a syndicated drama.
- Sharon Case scored her debut film role in HBO’s Breast Men playing the role of “Circulating Nurse.”
- She took her talents to the web in 2009 when she played the role of Lisa in the sex comedy and politically incorrect web series Poor Paul.
- Her next TV film role came as Hope in Hallmark Channel’s 2010 romantic drama, Dad’s Home.
- Sharon has appeared in a couple of short films, including Wentworth (2005) and Repressions (2007)
The Actress Has a Bevy of Awards and Achievements To Prove Her Talents
All of the Awards that Sharon Case Has Ever won has been for her role in The Young and Restless.
- In 1996, two years after beginning her role in The Young and Restless, Case received her first award nomination ever, for her role in the soap opera. It was the Daytime Emmy Award nomination for Outstanding Younger Actress in a Drama Series.
- Her first award win was the Soap Opera Digest Award for Hottest Female Star in 1998.
- Case won her first Emmy Award in 1999 for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series. It was the first time she was nominated for the Emmy category. She was again nominated the next year in 2000.
- She won the TV Soap Golden Boomerang Award for Younger Female Star in 2003.
- Between 2018 and 2020, the actress won three Soap Awards France awards in three different categories respectively; Best Actress of the Year, Best International Actor / Actress, and Favorite The Young and the Restless Actress.
Analysis of Sharon Case’s Net Worth and All The Ways She Makes Her Money
Case’s Primary Source of Income Is Acting
Clearly, the major way that Sharon Case has been getting rich and keeping her wealth afloat has been acting. With over three decades and counting in the industry, Case has sure done well for herself. Her highest-paying gig is no doubt that of Sharon Newman on the CBS daytime soap opera The Young and the Restless. Though the exact details of her paycheck over the years have not been made public, the fact that she has held on to the gig for the most part of her career speaks volumes about what she is earning from it.
Research shows that the average earning for a soap opera actress is $57,000, however, Case’s numbers are bound to be way higher than this due to her commitment to one gig. As with TV series stars, the longer one remains on a particular series, the more they are likely to earn more as they renegotiate their contracts occasionally with a higher pay with each contract renewal.
Records from research say that soap opera actresses with over 10 years of being part of a show can earn between $2000 – $5000 per episode and Case falls into this category. That said, it is clear to see how the longest-running gig of her career is the highest contributor to her wealth. While Case does make money from other gigs, those paychecks would dwarf in comparison to what she mints playing Sharon Newman.
The actress also earns from a business venture
Case, like most actresses of her caliber, has found a way to diversify her income outside acting. She owns a signature line of fashion jewellery called POMP. The line was launched in January 2010 with her best friend Elif Inanc who is also a fashion stylist. The jewellery line, which she described as affordable, fashionable, and fun has a price range of $20 to $40.
Proceeds from Sharon Case’s acting and jewelry line combine to give her an estimated net worth of $3 million.
Summary of Sharon Case’s Personal Information
|Also Known As:||Sharon|
|Profession:||Actress, Former Model|
|Famous For:||'The Young and the Restless'|
|Birthday & Zodiac
|Age/Date of Birth:||52 years old (9 February 1971)|
|Birth Place:||Detroit, Michigan, United States|
|Country of Residence: ||United States of America (USA)|
|Height:||5feet, 7inches(1.7 m)|
|Weight:||. 64 Kg (140lbs)|
|Other Body Measurements:||Breast: 37Inches
Waist: -25 inches
|Spouse/Partner:||Previously Married: Unknown (1988);
Sandy Corzine (2007–09)
|Family and Relatives
|Estimated Net Worth:||$3 million|
|Source of Wealth:||Acting Career, Fashion Jewelry business|