Shaunie O’Neal is an American entrepreneur, a mother of five and a television personality who is the current executive producer of VH-1’s reality TV series, Basketball Wives LA, Baller Wives, and Basketball Wives.
O’Neal is also the former wife of NBA star, Shaquille O’Neal, a former film marketer for FOX and an entertainment correspondent.
Currently working on her reality shows, one of which is Shaunie’s Home Court Trailer, and other TV projects, the entrepreneur, and philanthropist sure got her hands full with managing her family and running businesses at the same time.
However, it doesn’t seem like it requires too much efforts for O’Neal but who says life is easier for anybody? Nevertheless, let’s take a short tripe into the life of the reality star.
Shaunie O’Neal’s Bio (Age)
The reality star was born as Va’shaundya Karlette Nelson on November 27, 1974, in Wichita Falls, Texas, United States. O’Neal and her family moved to Los Angeles when she was just 10 years old. By the year 1997, she graduated from the University of Southern California to join the working class.
There are no details on her parents or their names but her reality show portrays some aspect of her life, kids, and friends.
O’Neal created and produced the reality show popularly known as the Basketball Wives. As a former NBA wife, she is one of the cast members of the show and is known for her boss lady demeanor. The popular show marked by high ratings and drama filled follows the lives and interactions of women who have been wives, ex-wives or girlfriends of professional basketball stars.
Another version of the show, Basketball Wives LA, features those living in Los Angeles. This is followed by the third reality show Shaunie’s Home Court, this time, O’Neal is the center of the series that follows the lives of her children and family.
Shaunie O’Neal’s net worth is $35 Million. Besides getting more fame from her TV shows on VH1, she collects 40,000 dollars per month in child support plus 5 million every year in alimony.
Marriage with Shaquille O’Neal
O’Neal was married to Shaquille O’Neal. The couple wedded at Beverly Hills Hotel on December 26, 2002, and the marriage was blessed with four fours kids – aside the kids each of them had from previous relationships.
She had a son named Myles from her previous relationship and Shaquille had a daughter named Taahirah with his former partner.
In the course of their marriage, the O’Neals were separated twice, after 5 years of marriage, precisely in 2007, they took a break away from each other and later reconciled. Then in 2009, the mother of five filed for a divorce, citing irreconcilable differences.
It was quite a scandalous divorce filed out of infidelity. Shaunie O’Neal hired a private investigator to get details on her husband’s infidelity and ended up discovering that Shaquille had a mistress.
Meanwhile, O’Neal is also believed to be involved in an extramarital affair as well. Nevertheless, the duo ended the marriage and she retained the custody of their kids. Due to their prenuptial agreement, Shaquille’s attorney filed a document to prevent their marriage from being discussed on the Basketball Wives show.
O’Neal is a mother of 5 kids:
- Myles O’Neal (May 8, 1997), a model;
- Shareef O’Neal (Jan. 11, 2000), a basketball player;
- Amirah O’Neal (Nov. 13, 2001), a basketball player;
- Shaqir O’Neal (April 19, 2003) also a basketball player; and
- Me’arah O’Neal (May 1, 2006), a reality television personality.
The O’Neals are a media sensation as they all feature on their family reality series, Shaunie’s Home Court.
More to Know about Shaunie O’Neal
1. Shaunie O’Neal has appeared on several TV shows including the Basketball Wives, a reality show that highlights the glamorous life, single motherhood, self-esteem, parenting styles, and influence on the children.
2. The reality star is currently working on another program called Let’s Talk About It, one through which she reaches out to organizations addressing women and empowerment.
3. Her philanthropism started way back. O’Neal has been involved in several charity events and her foundation is established to cater for underprivileged children. In 2011, she organized a red-carpet shopping fundraising event along with music diva Brandy and other renowned celebrities at Louis Vuitton Rodeo Drive. Proceeds from the event were donated to charity. Again, in 2012 and 2013, she was part of the team Mission Christmas Eve for the Homeless.
4. She has her very own footwear collection. In partnership with Chinese Laundry, she creates chic and modern designed shoes with prices ranging from $79.95 to $200.
5. Shaunie O’Neal is currently in a relationship with a young model, Marlon Yates.
Height and Other Facts
Born: November 27, 1974
Place of Birth: Wichita Falls, Texas, US
Height: 1.80 m
Famous As: Producer, Philanthropist
Sun Sign: Sagittarius