T’yanna Wallace is an American fashion designer and entrepreneur better known as the eldest daughter of the late New York rapper Notorious BIG. Tyanna Wallace was born on August 3, 1993.
After losing her father at a very tender age, the young lady grew up and became famous. She discovered her talent at the young age of eight and took it seriously when she turned thirteen. With her business, T’yanna has been able to make a name for herself within and outside the United States. She has also managed to sustain her father’s memory by branding her business after his name.
T’yanna Wallace’s Parents Had Her When They Were Young
T’yanna Wallace was born in the United States on the 8th of August, 1993. Her parents, Jan Jackson and Christopher George Latore Wallace had her when they were young. Christopher Wallace, better known by his stage names; Notorious BIG, Biggie Smalls, and Biggie, was born in 1972 and died in 1997. He was barely 25 years old and at the peak of his career when he was murdered in Los Angeles.
T’yanna was only three years old when all this happened. Sadly, his murderers were never brought to book as the case was never solved. Despite being dead for years, Biggie is still a big name in the music industry. He reinvented East Coast hip hop almost by himself. He was obviously in love with rap music and he was an excellent performer too.
Biggie and Jan Jackson Fell Apart After T’yanna was Conceived
Christopher and Jan were high school sweethearts, and they were together for five years – 1988 to 1993. Their relationship started to suffer as Christopher started focusing more on his music and it got worse after Jan got pregnant. They managed to get married but got separated after their daughter turned eight months old.
Although Jan wanted to work things out, the rapper moved on and got married to another lady, four days before their daughter turned one year old. Since separating from Biggie, Jan has been away from the spotlight and not much is known about her. Also, there are no details of the type of relationship she has with her daughter – T’yanna Wallace.
T’yanna Wallace Studied at Penn State University
T’yanna Wallace attended Penn State University from which she graduated in 2015 with a Business major degree. While in school, she worked at the cafeteria to earn extra cash. Her work was not out of necessity, but she just likes to be as independent as possible.
As is common with the Wallace family, T’yanna discovered her talent at a very young age. When she was only eight years old, she started to show off her art skills and at age thirteen, she started designing clothes. She was still in high school at that time.
T’yanna Launched Her Business While Still in College
In May 2013, while she was still in college, she launched her clothing line, ‘Notoriouss’. The launching took place the day after what would have been her father’s forty-first birthday. The clothing line features hoodies, T-shirts, socks, hats, fanny packs, etc. Her style greatly highlights New York hip-hop culture. Later in 2017, she opened a store in Atlantic Avenue, Brooklyn, and relocated across the street two years later. In addition to her physical store, she also promotes her products on her Instagram page.
Aside from her regular Merch, T’yanna releases a limited-edition T-shirt every year in honor of her father’s death. She does this every 9th of March, the day her father was shot and killed. Her dream has always been to make a name for herself while maintaining her father’s legacy, and she has succeeded in doing that. From all her entrepreneurial endeavors, T’yanna has been able to build great wealth for herself in addition to creating a brand and name. Her estimated net worth is $50 million and she gets the bulk of her wealth from her clothing line.
Who is T’yanna Wallace’s Boyfriend?
The industrious young lady appears to prefer keeping her personal life off the media. There are no details about the person she is dating or the people she has dated in the past. She has also never announced an engagement or marriage to anyone. Hence, T’yanna is currently single. However, she recently posted a photo of herself and a baby stroller on her Instagram page with a caption that stated the baby is hers. Nonetheless, she has not announced who the father of the baby is.
Other Facts About T’yanna Wallace
- While he was alive, T’yanna Wallace’s father had hoped that his unborn daughter would become a graduate someday, and his wish eventually came to pass.
- T’yanna was opportune to learn more about her father when she was working on the Notorious project. She recounted enjoying going to his apartment in New York and doing what he did while he lived.
- For a long time, she remained unhappy because her father’s killers were never brought to book, but she eventually thought that it is better she moves on and allow him to rest in peace.
- While he lived, The Notorious B.I.G. stood at a height of 6 feet 2 inches. If he was still alive, he would tower above his daughter who is a petite 5 feet 5 inches.
- T’yanna Wallace has a step-brother named C. J. Wallace. He was born to her late father by R&B singer Faith Evans on the 29th of October 1996. He ventured into music during his teenage years but was not as committed as his father. He then went into acting in 2009 and in his first movie, he played the young version of his father. He has since featured in a few other movies like ‘Everything Must Go’ and ‘Kicks’
- T’yanna once fell out with Diddy, her father’s best friend, after he failed to invite her to a concert in Brooklyn organized in honor of her father.