He needs no introduction whatsoever, there isn’t a soul on on earth who does not know who this man is ( OK, a few souls don’t, but you get what we mean). He’s a beacon of hope for some, a suave personality to many and as much as we would like to explore this, today is all about Barack Obama’s height, weight and body measurements.
We won’t delve into the topic at hand just yet though, lets check out some cool facts about the out going president of the United States of America.
- He was born Barack Hussein Obama II, on August 4, 1961 in Honlulu, Hawaii. He lived in Indonesia for four years with his mother and stepfather before returning to Hawaii to live with his maternal grandparents.
- The incumbent president has an interesting taste in books, growing up, he collected Spider-Man and Conan the Barbarian comics and he has read all the Harry Potter books.
- Growing up he ate quite an interesting array of cuisine, he ate dog meat, snake meat, and roasted grasshopper while living in Indonesia.
- He had a wild young adulthood, as a teenager he took drugs including marijuana and cocaine.
- It wasn’t till after he completed his university education that he started answering his full name, up until that moment he was called Barry.
- Sadly none of his parents got to see him make history, he is an orphan. His father died in a car accident in Kenya in 1982, and his mother died of ovarian cancer in 1995.
- Before his inauguration as the 44th President of the United States, Barack Obama wrote a letter to his daughters for Parade Magazine. This letter was intended for his daughters and every other child in America.
- If he didn’t go down the political road, Obama would have been an architect.
- The 44th president of the United States of America loves him some basketball and Obama’s height is an added advantage on that front.
- He applied to appear in a black pin-up calendar while he was studying at Harvard but was rejected by the all-female committee. If they could see him now… O well, they probably have.
We could go on and on and on… there is so much to say about him, but we can’t neglect the topic at hand. So let’s get started on that beginning with Obama’s height.
Barack Obama’s Height
Here’s one thing we can tell you, Barack ain’t no short president. The incumbent president stands tall at 6 feet 1 inch which is not only well above the average American male height. Yes people, it’s also above the average American president height of 5 feet 10.7 inches.
Like every other person out there whose listed height has been made public, there are quite a few naysayers on his case. To them, he has hit the 6 foot mark alright but he’s not an inch taller. There were even rumors that the president wears lifts, but as usual that is not our concern, we have given you his listed height and we stand by it till he says otherwise.
Let’s move on to a list of celebrities that stand as tall as the outgoing president of the United States of America. Leonardo DiCaprio, Keanu Reeves, Justin Timberlake and Cristiano Ronaldo all share Barack Obama’s height.
Barack Obama’s Weight
Obama is generally a healthy president, since his entrance into the White House he has lowered his cholesterol level and gained muscle. According to Daily mail, Obama weighs 175 pounds, which is about five pounds less than during his last assessment in 2014.
Apparently he wasn’t just trying to raise a healthy nation, but he was also looking to have a healthy life style as a whole. He exercises daily, incorporating aerobics fitness and resistance weight-training into his routine. He also remains tobacco-free and only drinks alcohol occasionally and in moderation. So thats about all we have on his weight.
Barack Obama’s Body Measurements
In addition to Barack Obama’s height and weight, here is a summary of all his body measurements.
Height: 6 feet 1 inch
Weight:79 kg or 175 pounds
Chest size: 43 inches
Waist size: 33 inches
Feet/Shoe Size: 12 US, 45 EU, 11.5 UK