Over the years, there have been a number of talk show hosts that have moved the world in their own way while and then there has been Ellen. You have to admit that she has carved quite the niche for herself, she’s no Oprah, but heavens know that she does not have to be, Ellen DeGeneres height in the industry is more than commendable.
Before we get into the gist for the day, which is Ellen DeGeneres height, weight and body measurements, let’s check out a few facts about the TV show host.
- She was born Ellen Lee DeGeneres on January 26, 1958 Metairie, Louisiana.
- Though she was born and bred in the U.S, the star is of French, Irish, English and German descent.
- You could say that Ellen took the bad situation that was her life and channeled that pain into making something of herself. As a result of her parent’s split, the star moved to Texas with her mother. While her mother was undergoing treatment for breast cancer, she was being molested by her step dad.
- We have heard of our fair share of celebrity odd jobs before their rise to fame, Ellen has quite the portfolio. The talk show host was a college dropout who waited tables, shucked oysters, served as a bartender, painted houses and worked as a legal secretary. She was even once a vacuum cleaner sales person.
- She was obviously meant for her given profession as just a year after she started her stand up comedy career, she was named Showtime’s ‘Funniest Person in America’.
- Here’s one to add to the reasons we think that Ellen is just awesome, the star has a ride named after her at Disney Land. So the next time you want to get into Ellen’s head, see how it works up in there, head on down to Disneyland.
- Turns out that Ellen was not even the funny one in her family, her brother was. We all know that most times comedy is borne out of pain, she actually developed her comedic side to get herself through the tough times she faced.
- Before she graced our screens as Ellen DeGeneres, she starred on her own sitcom titled Ellen. The show was aired for 4 years.
Well that’s enough about her on that front, let’s move on to the topic at hand beginning with Ellen DeGeneres height.
Ellen DeGeneres Height
Well we can say this for sure, she stands more than a couple of inches above the average American female height of 5 feet 4 inches at 5 feet 7.5 inches tall, that would definitely make Ellen one of those people who is actually taller than she looks. Once while talking about her age, this is what she had to say.
‘I’m five feet and eight inches soaking wet, but on television I look five feet six. I read that you shrink as you get older, so in 20 years I won’t be visible on camera anymore’. In addition to that, while on her chat show she also said ‘ I’m 5 foot 7 and a half.’
Here are a few notable celebrities who stand just as tall as the star… off camera. Angelina Jolie, Justin Bieber, Kurt Cobain, Tom Cruise and Pamela Anderson all share Ellen DeGeneres height.
Ellen DeGeneres Weight
She is not really on the big side and it definitely shows as the star weighs 59 kilograms. So how does this star keep her weight in check? Well first of all she eats really healthy; Ellen is a vegan, an ethical vegan, but a vegan none the less and you know that most of their meals, if not all are very much on the healthy side.
It’s not only the healthy food though, the star also exercises on the regular. We all know how much she loves to dance, so she incorporates that into her regular routine, she also does a lot of yoga to keep her limber for the dance floor. This is basically all she does, there’s no crazy, gym filled routine in the mix.
Ellen DeGeneres Body Measurements
In addition to Ellen DeGeneres height and weight, here is a summary of her body measurements.
Height: 5 feet 7 inches
Weight: 59 kilograms
Dress size: 4
Body shape: Banana
Breast Size: 34 inches
Waist Size: 26 inches
Hips Size: 35 inches
Shoe/Feet: 8 US, 38-39 EU, 6 UK