Zombie Land: Double Tap is the return and sequel of the 2009 American post-apocalyptic horror zombie comedy film, Zombie Land. Fans of the film have had to wait for a decade to finally see the sequel of their favorite film. It all started when a mad cow disease mutates to affect humans. This, in the short run turned into a mad zombie disease which infests the United States, turning the majority of the population into zombies. It is then left for the unaffected people to do all they can to survive by evading the affected ones who want to feed on them. Columbus, Little Rock, Tallahassee, Wichita/Krista, are the four uninfected Zombie Land 2 cast members who must now find their way to a safe haven.
Zombie Land 2 Cast: Who Is Returning For The ‘Double Tap’?
As the sequel of the American horror comedy film begins to hit our screens come October 11, 2019, fans are anticipating to see which actor will make it as Zombie Land 2 cast member. It has been confirmed that the four main characters of the film, Woody Harrelson, Emma Stone, Jesse Eisenberg and Abigail Breslin will all keep their roles as Tallahassee, Wichita, Columbus and Little Rock in the upcoming Zombieland: Double Tap.
Woody Harrelson has become a familiar face in the movie industry, having starred in popular movies such as in The Hunger Games film series from 2013 to 2016, in Now You See Me (2013) and reprising his role as Merritt McKinney in Now You See Me 2 (2016). He will once more star as the same character in the upcoming third part of the heist thriller film. We can also recognize Woody Harrelson for his role in the 2017 sci-fi film War for the Planet of the Apes, where he starred as the Colonel. His latest film appearance is in the 2019 crime drama film The Highwaymen, where he starred as Maney Gault.
Jesse Eisenberg also is no stranger in the movie scene. The American actor is well-loved for his ability to fit into all kinds of roles. Jesse Eisenberg played the role of Columbus in Zombie Land and will return as among the Zombie Land 2 Cast. Zombieland is not the only film that Jesse Eisenberg and Woody Harrelson starred in together, they both co-starred in the Now You See Me film series. In 2010, Jesse played the role of Mark Zuckerberg in The Social Network. Some other noticeable film roles Jesse had been cast in are American Ultra (2015) as Mike Howell, in Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) and Justice League (2017) as the villain Lex Luthor.
Multiple award-winning actress Emma Stone will reprise her role as Wichita in the upcoming coming trailer. Her character in the film is the older sister of Little Rock and the love interest of Columbus. Just like Jesse Eisenberg, Emma Stone’s breakthrough came as she starred in the 2009 film Zombie Land. Since then, she has starred in The Amazing Spiderman 1&2 (2012-2014) as Gwen Stacy, in The Croods as EepCrood, in La La Land (2016) as Mia Dolan and Battle of the Sexes (2017) as Billie Jean King.
Abigail Breslin starred in Zombie Land as Little Rock and she is set to reprise her role as the younger sister of Wichita in the set to be released Zombie Land: Double Tap. The young actress was 13 years of age when Zombie Land premiered in 2009. She is the youngest of the 4 main characters of the film.
Other Interesting Facts You Should Know About Zombie Land: Double Tap
- The film was directed by Ruben Fleischer.
- The film was written by Paul Wernick, Rhett Reese, and David Callaham.
- Its producer is Gavin Palone and as expected, the film was shot in the United States.
- Its cinematography was done by Chung Chung-hoon and music was done by David Daddy.
- The film is set to hit the screens in India on October 11, 2019, before its scheduled release in the United States 7 days after.
- Abigail Breslin will be 23years old when Zombie Land: Double Tap will be released. She was 13 years old in the Zombie comedy film which was released in 2009.
- The film’s production was carried out by Columbia Pictures and Pariah while Sony Pictures Releasing took charge of its distribution.
- Watch out for new interesting characters like ‘Nevada’ and ‘Madison’. The character roles will be played by Rosario Dawson and Zoey Deutch, respectively. While you will see more of Madison in the scenes, Nevada will only be in the trailer for one brief scene.