Zack Ward was among a handful of child actors who were introduced to the television screen in the year 1983. From then onwards, he has been taking pleasure in his flourishing and incredible career that has spanned over two decades and counting. Right from childhood, the actor has always had his eye on acting even though his mother refused to give him her blessing initially but later changed her mind. Ever since Ward broke through into mainstream success, he has starred in over 100 films but he is best known for portraying the fictional character, Scut Farkus in the 1983 holiday classic film, A Christmas Story. While many Hollywood child stars always find it difficult to transition into adulthood both inside and outside the movie industry, Zack has managed to stay out of trouble while growing his high-profile career over the years.
Zack Ward’s Bio (Age)
Zack Ward is a talented screen actor who has been able to secure an enviable spot in Hollywood through sheer hard work, fortitude, and commitment. He was born on Canadian soil, precisely in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, on the 31st of August, 1970. Ward was singlehandedly raised along with his brother under the care and love of their beloved mother, Pam Hyatt, who is an accomplished actress in her own right.
Being an actress who started out at a young age, Hyatt raised her sons all over the country – in places like New York City, Yukon, and Long Island. Zack’s dad was a draft dodger and golden glove boxer who settled in the United States. He wasn’t part of his son’s life, they only met for the first time in California (where he lived) when the actor was eight or nine years old. Ward’s elder brother, Carson Foster, is eight years his senior. He came from his mother’s relationship with a man she met before the 60s.
In an interview, the actor disclosed that he attended eight different schools before his junior high. The actor’s first stint was in a Jell-O commercial, after which he was cast in the film, A Christmas Story. As someone who was familiar with film sets and theaters from childhood, it took Zack Ward little or nothing to earn favorable reviews from critics.
Zach also has his own film company called Grit Film Works, which has produced films like Restoration, Don’t Blink, and Bethany. He is the director of Restoration, which also featured his mom. The actor works together with James Cullen Bressack, with whom he has written/produced several scripts.
What’s His Net worth
Zack Ward has been dedicated right from his very early days. Today the well-established actor boasts an eye-popping figure in his bank account. As of 2018, he has a net worth of $4 million. According to sources, The Christmas Story actor’s annual income is estimated to be around $1 million.
Is He Married, Who’s His Wife or is He Gay?
Yes, the Canadian actor is happily married to an American woman called Jennifer McMahan-Ward. The couple tied the knot on August 18, 2018, in Coeur d’Alene, a City in Idaho, after one year of engagement.
Currently, there are zero-specifics about Jennifer, as information about her family background, early life, and personal life are not open to public scrutiny but we do know that she is in Seattle.
For some time now, Zack Ward has been a repeated target of the gay rumor mill but anyone who has eyes can see that the hunk is head over heel in love with his beautiful wife and that he is someone who is also in love with his career. The actor may not have publicly commented about his sexuality, there’s no substantial evidence proofing he dates or has been in a relationship with people of his own gender.
Other Facts About The Actor
1. In his younger age, Zack Ward learned martial arts such as fencing, boxing, taekwondo. He holds the record as a silver medalist in Ontario two years in a row for his age group.
2. He has also lived in Japan and Thailand.
3. While growing up, Peter Pan was his favorite fictional character.
4. Ward had a puppy called Tinkerbell when he was seven years old.
5. He literally supports any sports team from Toronto and sometimes his wife’s team – Seattle Seahawks.
5. In addition to acting, Zack Ward does different signings to raise money for charity organizations.
6. His other name is Zacharias Ward.
7. He is the CEO of a licensee of All Sports Market called Global Sports Financial Exchange, a stock market of sports teams where people invest in their favorite team – be it basketball, hockey, baseball, or football.
8. When the actor is not working, he likes hanging out with his sweetheart, riding a bicycle, training at the gym, or having dinners.
9. He is a huge fan of television series like Forged in Fire, Rick and Morty, Mindhunter, Counterpart, and Better Call Saul.
10. Zack Ward has a dog called Roxie and a cat called Sinatra.