Victoria Ann Lawrence, sometimes called Vicki Lawrence Schultz, is a well-known American actress, who is also popular for her comedy acts and love for singing. She initially gained prominence as part of a television show titled The Carol Burnett Show which was aired on CBS. Her song The Night The Light released in 1973 made her a one-hit wonder as it became one of the top charting songs on the US and Canada charts. With lots of Emmy Awards and Golden Globe nominations, Vicki Lawrence has long established herself as an A-lister, here are all the things you’ve always wanted to know about her.
Biography & Age
Vicki Lawrence was born in California as Victoria Axelrad on the 26th of March 1949. She graduated from a public school located in Inglewood, California, known as the Morningside High School, which was the second largest after the Inglewood High School in the city at the time.
In her early days in high school, she became a member of a musical group known as The Young Americans from 1965 to 1967. As part of the group, Lawrence got to perform at the Oscars. Also in high school, Vicki Lawrence got to win the Miss Fireball contest which would eventually bring her in contact with the then already established star, Carol Burnette with whom she shared a striking resemblance.
Meeting Carol Burnette was the stepping stone that Lawrence needed to jumpstart her career. At the time the two met, Carol was in need of someone to fill the role of her sister in her show, The Carol Burnett Show and thanks to the uncanny resemblance that she shared with Lawrence, it was an easy decision for her to give the role to Lawrence.
Her role on the show quickly garnered her a widespread recognition and opened the doors to a career that has so far been duly decorated. The rest then became history.
Vicki Lawrence spent over a decade of her career on The Carol Burnette show and thus, was one of the show’s top earners. Most of her subsequent major gigs were related to the show including; Mama’s Family which was a spin-off of the show. Vicki Lawrence sure did make a bulk of her wealth from these periods. However, the actress has remained active over the years and is showing no signs of slowing.
In addition to acting in several TV shows, Vicki Lawrence hosted a couple of TV shows, a part of her career that definitely did much to boost her overall net worth.
Among the shows she has hosted include; Win, Lose or Draw, and Vicki! Vicki Lawrence has been able to amass a net worth of $8 million. She continues to act on an occasional basis.
Vicki Lawrence was first married to a singer Bobby Russell from 1972 to 1974. He was an American singer and songwriter who penned the lyrics to Lawrence’s hit song, The Night The Light.
She later met a Hollywood make-up artist Al Schultz, who was the onscreen make-up artist on The Carol Burnett Show. She married him the same year she finalized her divorce from Russell and the pair have since remained inseparable.
The couple is parents to two children – a daughter, Courtney Allison Schultz and son Garrett Lawrence Schultz, born in May 1975 and July 1977 respectively.
Height and Other Facts About Vicki Lawrence
• Vicki Lawrence stands at a height of about 5 feet 5.5 inches tall, the equivalent of 1.69 m.
• Before she fell head over heels in love with show business, Lawrence had initially aspired to become a dental hygienist.
• She attended the University of California but dropped out after two years.
• Vicki Lawrence was in 2011 diagnosed with Chronic Idiopathic Urticarial (CIU). As a result, she has collaborated with the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America to become a spokesperson for the campaign CIU & You. She has spoken of the ailment in a 2015 episode of The Doctors.
• In addition to her “mama” character, Vicki Lawrence’s other trademark is her unique husky resonant voice.
• Vicki has a sister named Joni Lawrence who, like her husband, is a make-up artist.
• She is a huge yacht-racing fan.