Many Mexican actors and actresses have contributed to the success of the Mexican movie industry. One of them is Veronica Castro. Beyond being an actress, Castro is an ex-model and, she has earned quite a huge admiration as a singer, producer, and presenter.
Veronica Castro Biography (Age)
Born on October 19, 1952, Veronica Judith Saenz Castro Alba has been active as an actress since 1964. She was born in Mexico City, D.F. Veronica has long been active both as a singer and an actress. In 1973, she recorded her first album, Veronica Castro, and following that up, she released three hit singles from her next album Sensaciones. In 1974, she recorded another hit single, ‘Aprendi A Llorar’. This was only the early days of a musical career that saw the making of numerous fine songs.
As an actress, she has appeared in many films and television works. She rose to fame with the telenovela Los rico tambien lloran where she played a poor orphan. As the single-camera sitcom gained huge attention from viewers across the globe, Veronica’s popularity touched the skies. Two years later, she played the main role in El derecho de nacer, another popular telenovela. She also started recording her music in different languages as her fame skyrocketed.
Veronica Castro performed a Latin version of ‘We Are The World’ in 1986. Following that, she released one of her most ambitious albums to date, Simplemente Todo. As most of her songs were accompanied with videos, something quite uncommon in songs then, she became one of the pioneers of the MTV age in Latin America. Meanwhile, 1987 saw a boost in her career when she played the main character in Rosa Salvage. The theme song for this telenovela, also named after the film, became one of her biggest hits. During the 1990s, Castro recorded many singles and participated in different television shows. Till date, she still hosts a variety of shows. Most recently, she was cast as Virginia de la Mora in Netflix’s comedy-drama series, The House of Flowers. The web television series created by Manolo Caro premiered sometimes in August 2018.
Her Net Worth
For an entertainer of her caliber, it is only normal that many people are interested in knowing the extent of the wealth that Castro has gathered from her endeavors in the entertainment industry. Well, Veronica Castro has really amassed a fair amount of wealth from her career. As of January 2018, her net worth was estimated to be around $30 million.
Height and Other Facts to Know about Castro
Castro has an average height of 5 feet 1 inch. She boasts a healthy figure too. Below are some other facts to know about her.
1. She is the mother of Cristian Castro (Cristian Saenz Valdes Castro), a Mexican pop/rock singer, and Michel Saenz Castro. Cristian Castro is the son of Manuel Valdes, and one of the best selling artists. Michel Castro is also Manuel’s son and a filmmaker. Their uncles are Jose Alberto Castro (a Mexican producer/director) and Fausto Gerardo Saenz. Their aunt Beatriz Castro is equally a producer.
2. Veronica Castro is a former mother-in-law to Gabriel Bo and Valeria Liberman. Gabriel and Valeria are both ex-wives of Cristian Castro. Gabriel and Cristian were married from 2003 to 2004, she is an actress too. Valeria had two children with Cristian. They are Simone Candy and Mikhail Zaratustra.
3. She was involved in two romantic relationships with Manuel Valdes (a Mexican actor and comedian) between 1970 and 1978, and Jorge Martinez, from 1981 to 1982. She met Valdes at the start of her acting career. Nonetheless, Castro has never been married. While her relationship with Manuel lasted for eight years, and they welcomed two kids, the couple never got married. She also never married Jorge Martinez
4. Veronica Castro never told his son Cristian that his dad was Manuel Valdes until he was 31 years old. Cristian reported being afraid after getting the news, and we don’t know why he chose the word ‘afraid’ instead of ‘surprised’ or ‘shocked’.
5. It is rumored that Castro’s son, Cristian, is gay. In 2008, his former girlfriend confirmed the speculations, this made his third marriage in 2017 quite a surprise as he married a female, Carol Victoria. Anyway, the marriage ended just after 28 days.
6. It is widely believed that Veronica went through a plastic surgery to enhance her looks.