A popular Hollywood actor, Tim Roth is of English origin and in addition to acting, he is also a film director who was first seen on-screen in 1982. He got his breakthrough role when he played Myron in the 1984 movie, The Hit, for which he received a BAFTA Award under the category of Most Promising Newcomer. The seasoned actor has also depicted many other widely recognized roles in movies like Four Rooms, Planet of Apes, Invincible, Incredible Hulk, The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover, among many others.
With such a successful film career, it is only natural for Tim to be in the spotlight. However, it is not only his acting accomplishments that have captured the attention of people but his personal life is also a very interesting one. In addition to his thriving career, get to know this talented actor’s wife and details about his family life as you read on.
Tim Roth’s Background Details
Tim Roth is an English man who hails from Dulwich, London, where he was born on the 14th of May in 1961. His mother, Ann was a teacher and painter while his dad, Ernie worked as a journalist, as well as a painter. Tim’s lineage is made up of half-Irish – from his father’s side and half-British – from his mother’s side.
He had his early education at a school named Lambeth where he faced a lot of bullying incidents which made him move over to Croydon Technical School. He was also a student of Strand School located in Tulse Hill before enrolling into Camberwell College of Arts in London.
During his formative years, Tim Roth was fascinated with sculpturing and even nurtured the dream of becoming a sculptor someday. However, as fate may have it, he relocated to Los Angeles and during his stay there, film director Quentin Tarantino picked interest in him. This eventually landed him his first role as Trevor in the 1982 film, Made in Britain. About two years later, he earned a spot in the limelight when appeared in the drama, The Hit released in 1984.
The versatile British actor was later seen in quite a number of successful movies throughout the 80s and 90s. Some his notable appearances can be seen in films like Reservoir Dogs – released in 1992, the 1995 movie, Four Rooms, Everyone Says I Love You in 1996 and The Legend of 1900 which came out in 1998. Tim Roth also had a lot of offers in the subsequent years which include the likes of Fox’s Lie to Me, Planet of the Apes, the 2015 movie, Chronic and a string of others. He was even seen in the recent 2019 film Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and currently appears in the TV series Tin Star.
Is Tim Roth Married?, Who Is His Wife?
With regards to his marital life, it is known that Tim Roth enjoys marital bliss with his wife, Nikki Butler who works as a writer. The pair who tied the knot in 1993 share two lovely sons together – Timothy Hunter who was born in 1995 and Michael Cormac who was born in 1996.
Prior to his marriage to Nikki, the British actor was in a dalliance with Lori Baker back in the 80s and they share a son, Jack Roth who was born in 1984. The young Roth who was inspired by his father is currently an actor and he is doing quite well.
Other Facts About The British Actor
- Tim Roth is of an average body stature as he has a height of 5 feet 7 inches with a moderate weight.
- The actor is very active on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- During his childhood, Tim was a victim of sexual molestation and he later revealed the culprit was his paternal grandfather who also molested Tim’s father as a child.
- As of now, the British actor sits on a net worth approximated to be $7 million which is mainly sourced from his career as an actor and film director.
- Tim Roth is usually believed to be an American because he can emulate the American accent perfectly.
- The actor is notable for having a lot of tattoo inscriptions on his right hand.
- Aside from his BAFTA Award in 1984, Tim also landed another BAFTA in 1996, as well as a People’s Choice Award in 2011.