Some people are just born to be in front of the camera, dominating the bid screen and entertaining us while doing so. It’s safe to say that this star is one of them, so before we delve into Ryan Seacrest’s height, weight and other measurements, let’s explore his past and validate our stand that he was born for his line of work.
- He was born Ryan John Seacrest on December 24, 1974 to Constance Marie (née Zullinger), a homemaker, and Gary Lee Seacrest, a real estate lawyer.
- According to his mother, he was just a boy when his talent starting shining, her exact words were, ‘Instead of playing with G.I. Joes or Cowboys and Indians, ‘Ryan would always have a little microphone and do shows in the house.’
- When he was 16, his career got a jump start; he earned an internship at Atlanta radio station WSTR, and later got the weekend overnight shift. So it was no surprise when he became a journalism major in college.
- He had a couple of gigs here, there and in between, but his big break came when he became a host on American Idol in 2002. Funny story, he actually auditioned to be a judge.
- He is not only a TV and radio host, Ryan is also an accomplished producer and is responsible for all Kardashian-related shows, Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution, Married to Jonas etc.
- He has an award or two up his sleeve, he received Emmy Award nominations for American Idol, and he won an Emmy for producing Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution, he was also honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Radio on April 13, 2005.
Well, let’s not get too carried away though the star does have an impressive portfolio, let’s see how he’s doing in the body statistic department, starting with Ryan Seacrest’s height.
Ryan Seacrest’s Height
We would like to start by saying that this guy is all over the place with his height. he told CNN that he doesn’t get bothered he’s ‘5’9″ and people call me short’, but more recently here is what he told HollywoodLife, ‘Actually, I’m 5′ 8″ but my shoes tonight make me 5’8″ and three quarters. I don’t wear lifts, but one of the judges does. Guess who?’
He was obviously taking a playful jab at his buddy, Simon Cowell, but that is not what we are here about today, also, on his own Twitter he also gave another height, ‘5’8.5″. We do not know which one to go with buddy, we really don’t, what we do know is that his listed height is 5 feet 8 inches.
Though people believe the actor is considerably shorter ( their guesses range from 5 feet 5 inches to 5 feet 7 inches),he still sticks to his guns. In addition to that, he figured out a way to look taller on camera without wearing shoe lifts. If it was meant to be a secret, it no longer is, as an insider spilled the beans to Life & Style.
‘He’s grown his hair out and has been quaffing it higher, he was just so sick of looking like a little boy in front of the A-listers he interviewed on the red carpet.’ Well that was a pretty smart idea, but Ryan’s not getting the credit for this one, his ex girlfriend Julianne Hough came up with it.
Here’s a list of celebrities who would not make him look like a little boy when standing next to him, Eminem, Kanye West and Sean Penn all share Ryan Seacrest’s height.
Ryan Seacrest’s Weight
Most people do not know that the slim Ryan Seacrest we see today battled with his weight as a child. His before and after picture just might shock you, nevertheless the star has moved on to transform himself into the stud we see today.
Despite the fact that he has one of the most busy schedules in Hollywood, one thing he does not miss is workout time. The show host told Men’s Fitness, ‘I schedule my workouts as if they were meetings, and I make sure they don’t get canceled.’
The star is desperately trying not to gain any of his baby ft back and rumor has it that he is determined to the point of obsession. According to Daily Mail, ‘ The hunk has an assistant on hand with a selection of chilled nutrient packed macrobiotic juice at all times, it has been revealed.’
You wouldn’t blame him when you hear what the 70 kg star has to say about never going back down that road, ‘ I do remember that feeling of growing up and being a little bit overweight. I also remember at times being teased about it, and because of that it’s still in my brain. I never want to feel that way again.’
Ryan Seacrest’s Body Measurements
In addition to Ryan Seacrest’s height and weight, here’s a more straightforward summary of all his body measurements.
Height: 5 feet 8 inches (1.73 cm)
Weight: 70 kg (154 pounds)
Chest size- 40 inches
Waist size- 33 inches
Arms/Biceps- 14 inches
Shoe size- US size 12, Euro 45, UK 11.5