Here is one actor who made a smooth transition from child star status to ‘grown up TV’, and he did an amazing job too. Today it’s all about Ryan Gosling’s height, weight and body measurements, but you know we won’t get started on that without checking out some cool facts about the actor himself.
- He was born Ryan Thomas Gosling on November 12th, 1980, in London, Ontario, Canada. So for those of you that hate Canada but love Ryan Gosling… you’re in love with a Canadian.
- We have heard some pretty unique nicknames in our day but guess what Gosling’s entire family used to call him when he was a kid… Troublemaker. Hint, hint, someone was a handful.
- He was raised as a Mormon and his family was pretty devout, here is what Gosling told The Guardian, ‘We were pretty religious, it was a part of everything – what we ate, how we thought.’
- His journey to child stardom started in 1993, when he auditioned to be in the cast of ‘The All New Mickey Mouse Club’, get this, he beat out 17,000 of his peers to land the part.
- His roomie while he was on the show was Justin Timberlake and at some point Justin’s mum was his legal guardian.
- Ryan takes sole responsibility for teaching Britney Spears all things bad and sexual.
- We all know that we coveted the kind of love he had with Rachel McAdams in The Notebook and even coveted him; there’s a pretty specific reason he was cast for that role. The director thought he wasn’t cool or good-looking.
- Here’s a peculiar one, Ryan loves to knit and he’s pretty good at it too. The actor also loves to build things, he built the car he used in Drive and the table on which he and Rachel McAdams got freaky on in The Notebook, he also made the Adirondack chairs in front of the house. What a resourceful fellow.
- Till date his favorite place to be is Disneyland, he often put on a hat (disguise of the century) and goes on all the rides.
Well that proved to be more interesting than we thought it would be, but the time has come for us to move on to the topic at hand starting with Ryan Gosling’s height.
Ryan Gosling’s Height
Hollywood is full of leading men who are more on the short or average height side, but once in a while the tall ones pop up. Before we disclose Ryan Gosling’s height, here’s a list of a few of the stars that broke out from the ‘short leading man’ mold.
We have people like Tyler Perry who stands tall at 6 feet 5 inches, Jeff Goldblum is 6 feet 4 inches, Vince Vaughn is 6 feet 5 inches and Jason Segel is 6 feet 4 inches. Ryan Gosling is not at tall as any of these men, but his height still earns him a spot on this list. The actor stands 6 feet tall.
Some people feel that the actor looks a wee bit shorter than 6’0, but that’s his listed height folks. Here’s a short list of stars who stand as tall as Ryan. Leonardo DiCaprio, Eva Herzigová, Jake Gyllenhaal and Benedict Cumberbatch all share Ryan Gosling’s height.
Ryan Gosling’s Weight
Just by looking at him we can tell that Ryan knows the way to a gym or two, the actor weighs 78 kg and he rocks his size quite well. Back in 2009, the actor mistakenly put on some extra kg’s and here’s the story behind it. He was signed on to star in the movie The Lovely Bones, in Ryan’s interpretation of the character, he felt that he should be 95 kg.
So he began his journey to 95 kg by melting Haagen Dazs ice cream and drinking it whenever he was thirsty. Nevertheless, the director had a different idea of how his character should look, hence Gosling was left ‘ fat and unemployed’. His words, not ours.
Ryan Gosling’s Body Measurements
In addition to Ryan Gosling’s height and weight, here is a summary of all his body measurements.
Weight: 78 Kg
Chest size: 46 inches
Waist size: 34 inches
Arms/Biceps: 16 inches
Feet/shoe size: US 11, EU 44, UK 10.5