When the present coach of the Spanish football club Real Madrid called Raphaël Varane in mid-2011 to inform him about the Spanish giant’s intent to sign him, there was no doubt that the bloke would be a good addition to the team. What was never imagined was him displacing and taking the place of Pepe who has been a fantastic player for the club.
More than being a centre-back defender for Real Madrid football club, Mr Varane plays for the France national team. Covering his bio, this piece confirmed the Frenchman’s age, his height, body measurements and other facts one ought to know about the French professional footballer.
Raphaël Varane Bio, Age
It wouldn’t be out of place for one to assert that Raphaël Varane was born a footballer. Born as Raphaël Xavier Varane on the 25th of April 1993, Verane who is currently known across the globe as Real Madrid’s defender started playing football when he was still a lad.
According to records, Raphaël started taking football seriously as a career when he was just seven years old. He played for a local club known as AS Hellemms at the Arrondissement of Lille. Two years later, he joined RC Lens where he virtually spent all the years of his youthful career before moving on to Real Madrid as a senior player in 2011.
It was at the Nord-Pas-de-Calais region of the city of Lille that Raphaël Varane was born as one of his parent’s three kids. He has two siblings (brothers) Jonathan and Anthony Varane. It is known that Raphaël and his brothers are of Martiniquais heritage. This is so as their father Gaston hails from Le Morne-Rouge, a town in France’s insular region – Martinique. Also, it is a common knowledge that the Real Madrid defender’s French mother Annie was brought up an Amandinoise. She is from the Saint-Amand-Les-Eaux commune of northern France’s Nord department.
If you have to talk about Raphaël Varane’s love life, you will have no option but to refer to a Frenchwoman who goes by the name Camille Tytgat. From what we gathered, the soccer star has been romantically involved with Camille since 2011. Things were smooth for them, thus, they decided to become life partners; they got married in June 2015 at Le Touquet in France.
Already, Raphaël has started building his personal family with Camille. The two welcomed their first child, a son they named Ruben Varane in 2017.
His Height and Body Measurements
As one would expect from an athlete who is serious about attaining great heights and accomplishing uncommon feats, Raphaël Varane works hard to stay fit. While he maintains a weight which fluctuates between 76 and 82 kg, he stands 3 inches taller than 6 feet (1.91 m).
Other than his height and weight, it has been reported on certain quarters that the star measures 14, 32 and 42 inches respectively for his biceps, waist, and chest – we have not been able to confirm this. Varane is one of the footballers you wouldn’t find with any tattoo.
Other Facts About Raphaël Varane
Did you know that Varane is currently the youngest player to captain the France national team? Here are more facts to know about the professional footballer:
1. While his main playing position is center-back, he can also mount the defensive midfield slot.
2. He is regarded as one of the finest defenders in football on several quarters.
3. Raphaël Varane made his professional debut as a footballer sometimes in November 2010.
4. He started playing for France at youth-level international competitions, appearing at under-18 and under-21 tournaments.
5. The Lille-born soccer star was invited to join the senior French national squad in August 2012.
6. His fantastic performance at the 2014 FIFA World Cup got him nominated for Best Young Player award.
7. Raphaël Varane was named in FiFPro World XI 5th team in 2014, on the 3rd team in 2015, 4th team in 2016 and again on the 3rd team in 2017.
8. So far, he has won the UEFA Champions League thrice (2014, 2016 and 2017). He lifted the FIFA Club World Cup and the UEFA Super Cup the same years; won the Supercopa de España in 2012 and 2017, Copa del Rey in 2013-2014 and La Liga in 2011-12 and 2016-2017.
9. The football clubs he has played for in his senior career include Lens and Real Madrid. While he was with the former for just a year, he has been with Real Madrid since 2011.
10. His contract with Real Madrid was extended to 2022 in September 2017.