She was royalty in every sense of the word and that is why she remains alive in everyone’s hearts, though she had an amazing legacy, today is all about Princess Diana’s height, weight and body measurements. Nevertheless, it would be a shame to dive into that without checking out some cool facts about the Princess.
- Her name was Diana Frances (nee Spencer) she was born on 1 July 1961 and she tragically passed away on 31 August 1997, at the age of 36.
- Not only was she the Princess of Wales, but Lady Di was also the Duchess of Rothesay.
- Great grades do not make a great princess and she was living evidence of that as she failed her O levels twice and even joked about it on a few occasions.
- She was once a kindergarten teacher and that was just one of the ‘odd jobs’ she did. After finishing school in Sweden, the princess worked as a part time cleaning woman and a baby sitter before she landed a gig as a teacher at the Young England School.
- Imagine getting married to your sister’s ex? Yeah, so that was the story of her life as her sister, Lady Sarah Spencer, was dating the Prince at some point, so they actually met at a family gathering when Diana was just 16.
- Above all she was known for her kind heart; she supported over 100 charities, including the International Campaign to Ban Landmines, which won the Nobel Peace Prize a few months after her death.
- How lovely would it be to meet your childhood crush, while you’re still a child? Well, Prince Harry can tell you for sure. His mum, Princess Diana, once invited the supermodel Cindy Crawford to Buckingham Palace for dinner when a young Prince William had a ‘secret’ crush on the model.
- Her favorite color was evidently pink and she was often spotted wearing different shades of it.
Well, it’s best for us not to get too carried away with the wonderful facts about her, let’s get started on the topic at hand, beginning with Princess Diana’s height.
Princess Diana’s Height
She was quite the tall lady at her prime… well she did pass away at her prime, so we could say that she was quite the tall lady till she breathed her last. Lady Di at 5 feet 10 inches, was almost 2 inches taller than Prince Charles, there were and still are a few speculations that she was at least 5 feet 7 inches barefoot, nevertheless we are sticking with her listed height.
People may not agree on how tall the monarch was, but they can agree that she introduced some height into the royal family, it’s just a pity that she did not get to see her little boys to grow up to be as tall as they are today. That was not what she thought she would be bringing into the royal family though.
She once made jest of the fact that in marrying Prince Charles and having two sons with him, she had genetically given the British Royal family “chins.” She ended up giving them height, this genetic trait was likely passed down to them through Diana’s Spencer family and their grandfather Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, who was 6 feet at his prime.
Prince Harry is a strapping 6 feet 2 inches tall, while William at 6 foot 3 is the tallest monarch in history. On the other hand, here are a few notable celebrities who share Lady Di’s height, Taylor Swift, Johnny Depp, Harry Styles, Adriana Lima, Blake Lively and Tyra Banks all share Princess Diana’s height.
Princess Diana’s Weight
The princess weighed 58 kilograms, but there is a story behind her weight that most people would not share at the time that she was alive. Sure, celebrities step out and address issues like bulimia, but we would like to think that Lady Di was one of the people that made it alright.
She struggled with it for quite some time in the 80’s and finally sought treatment in the 80’s, after this news was made public there was a sharp increase in the number of bulimia cases reported and while some believed that her admission influenced more people to try the disease for size, it’s obvious that she have people the bravery to admit that they were suffering.
Many eating disorder therapists still give her credit for helping so many people step out and admit that they need help.
Princess Diana’s Body Measurements
In addition to Princess Diana’s height and weight, here is a summary of her body measurements.
Height: 5 feet 10 inches
Weight: 58 kilograms
Dress size: 8
Breast Size: 33 inches
Waist Size: 22 inches
Hip Size: 34 inches
Shoe Size: 9 US, 39-40 EU, 7 UK