It’s time to show our athletes some love once again and what better way to do it is there than to say, ‘ ladies and gentlemen, the sheriff is in town’. Yeah, we were sitting on that one for a while, anyway before we get started on Peyton Manning’s height, weight and his other statistics, here are a few interesting facts about the former American football quarterback.
- He was born on March 24, 1976, into a a family of talented football players. His father, Archie Manning, was in the NFL and he played from 1971 to 1984. His brother Eli Manning is a famous quarter back and his other brother Cooper Manning was a talented wide receiver in high school until spinal stenosis got in the way of his dreams.
- The fact that he wears the number 18 on his jersey is not random, he wears it to honor his brother Cooper, who wore it back when he still played football.
- He is considered to be one of the smartest players in the NFL; Manning completed a 4 year program in 3 years and when back during his 4th year to get a masters degree.
- Manning often calls audibles while playing football and he actually received the nickname ‘The Sheriff’ from color commentator Jon Gruden due to his tendency to audible prior to the snap.
- On March 7, 2016, Manning said these exact words in his retirement speech, ‘ I’ve fought a good fight. I’ve finished my football race and after 18 years, it’s time. God bless all of you and God bless football.’
- Peyton is the recipient of a number of awards, including 5 NFL MVP’s , 2 NFL Offensive Player of the Year’s, 3 Best NFL Player ESPY Award, 14 Pro Bowls among a multitude of other awards. His trophy room must look like something out of Hoarders.
Now, before we get too carried away with the athlete and all his other achievements, let’s get started on the topic of Peyton Manning’s height.
Peyton Manning’s Height
When it comes to talent, awards and his height, this athlete is packing. He is so tall that if he wanted to switch football for basketball as a profession he would fit right in. So what is Peyton Manning’s height? The 5 time MVP award winning football player stands tall at 6 feet 5 inches.
His listed height is actually spot on and we can tell because unlike personalities such as Arnold Schwarzenegger who still has a team of scientists devoted to figuring out his real height, people actually believe that Manning is 6’5. Now you can understand why we were making such a big fuss about how tall he is.
Just in case you are still uncertain on how tall 6 feet 5 inches is, here are the names of some other well known personalities who stand as tall as the athlete. Usain Bolt, Vince Vaughn, Joe Manganiello and Zlatan Ibrahimović all share Peyton Manning’s height.
That’s all we have on the spectacular football player’s height now lets’s move on to Peyton Manning’s weight.
Peyton Manning’s Weight
It’s not news to anyone that athletes must remain at optimum physical condition, it’s an unavoidable condition that comes with their line of work. All we can say for Peyton is that, he was by far one of the most dedicated and hard working NFL athletes of his time an it showed in his fitness.
How did the athlete achieve his ‘optimum physical condition’? To answer that we decided to give a brief summary of his on and off season fitness routine. He usually started with exercises for his core ( Russian twists, seated overhead med Ball throws and med ball toe touches), he then did flexibility exercises followed by agility exercises after which he ended it with strength exercises.
This was a typical on and off season for the athlete when he was still active, these days it seems that, like most professional players, he is laying off on the intense workouts. What is even more alarming is that he looks like he has not been to a gym in a long while.
No he is not overweight, it’s quite the opposite, according to 12UP, Manning was a bulky guy throughout his career, but by the looks of it he has dropped quite a few pounds pretty quickly.
Peyton Manning’s Body Measurements
In addition to Peyton Manning’s height and weight, here is a summary of all his body measurement specially prepared for all the skimmers in the house.
Height: 6 feet 5 inches
Weight: 104 kilograms ( 230 pounds)
Chest size: 46 inches ( 117 cm)
Waist size: 35 inches (89 cm)
Biceps: 15 inches or (38 cm)
Shoe size/ Feet Size: US size 13. Euro 46, UK size 12.5