The pulse of Hollywood, film critics, stylists, and every lover of the screen has gone up as Oscars 2019 is just around the corner for the brightest stars of Hollywood.
The event which is organized by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS) is for movies released in 2018 and being the 91st Academy Awards, it is the 91st time that the Oscars is held.
The night of glamour will see to the “coronation” of what is arguably the best Hollywood had to offer in the last one year in terms of movies with the greatest prize in the movie industry, the golden statuette.
Date – When is Oscars 2019?
The 91st Academy Awards ceremony will be held on Sunday, 24 February 2019. Sticking to the traditions, it will take place at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, Los Angeles.
The ceremony will start at around 5:30 p.m. ET with the pre-event interviews as well as other red-carpet activities while the event will begin properly at 8:00 p.m. ET
The Host of Oscars 2019
Initially, the ceremony was supposed to be hosted by Kevin Hart but after an old tweet in which he expressed homophobic views, he decided to step down. No one has been brought to replace him as such, the ceremony will not have a host. This is the first time in 30 years that the event will not have a host.
The Oscars 2019 may just be another night of history for movies like Black Panther which became the first superhero movie to ever be nominated for Best Picture. It may also be one for Yalitza Aparicio (Roma) and Lady Gaga (A Star Is Born) who got nominated for their first movies ever.
The nominations are led by The Favourite and Roma with 10 nominations each, A Star Is Born and Vice with eight, Black Panther (7), BlacKkKlansman (6), Bohemian Rhapsody (5), and Green Book (5).
Here are the most important nominations everyone is looking out for at Oscars 2019:
- Black Panther
- Bohemian Rhapsody
- The Favourite
- Green Book
- A Star is Born
Best Director 2019 Oscars
- Spike Lee – BlacKkKlansman
- Paweł Pawlikowski – Cold War
- Yorgos Lanthimos – The Favourite
- Alfonso Cuarón – Roma
- Adam McKay – Vice
- Christian Bale – Vice (Dick Cheney)
- Bradley Cooper – A Star Is Born (Jackson “Jack” Maine)
- Willem Dafoe – At Eternity’s Gate (Vincent van Gogh)
- Rami Malek – Bohemian Rhapsody (Freddie Mercury)
- Viggo Mortensen – Green Book (Frank “Tony Lip” Vallelonga)
- Yalitza Aparicio – Roma (Cleodegaria “Cleo” Gutiérrez)
- Glenn Close – The Wife (Joan Castleman)
- Olivia Colman – The Favourite (Anne- Queen of Great Britain)
- Lady Gaga – A Star Is Born (Ally Campana)
- Melissa McCarthy – Can You Ever Forgive Me? (Lee Israel)
Best Supporting Actor
- Mahershala Ali – Green Book (Don Shirley)
- Adam Driver – BlacKkKlansman (Philip “Flip” Zimmerman)
- Sam Elliott – A Star Is Born (Bobby Maine)
- Richard E. Grant – Can You Ever Forgive Me? (Jack Hock)
- Sam Rockwell – Vice (George W. Bush)
Best Supporting Actress
- Amy Adams – Vice (Lynne Cheney)
- Marina de Tavira – Roma (Sofía)
- Regina King – If Beale Street Could Talk (Sharon Rivers)
- Emma Stone – The Favourite (Abigail Masham, Baroness Masham)
- Rachel Weisz – The Favourite (Sarah Churchill, Duchess of Marlborough)
2019 Oscars Live Stream
An event that everyone needs to watch for all the drama, glamour, and memories, the Oscars 2019/Academy Awards will be aired live for the audience in the U.S. by American Broadcasting Company (ABC) which has the right to broadcast it. ABC will also use different TV channels across the world to air it.
You can also watch it on ABC’s website once you log in or through their app which will also stream the event live for those who are logged on.
With that said, there are various options with which one who is not subscribed to ABC can stream the event live. While there is a free option, there is also the premium option which will require you to pay.
The most popular way to stream the event for free is through social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, and YouTube.
If you are looking for the best way to stream the ceremony live, you may as well consider going for the paid option. There are various streaming channels that you can access it including Abcgolive, Sling TV, FuboTV, Hulu Live TV, YouTube TV, and PlayStation Vue. You can also watch the Oscars 2019 on Chromecast, Roku, Fire TV, or KODI.
Whether you are using a laptop, smartphone, tablet, or even a desktop computer, you can stream Oscars 2019 with ease.