Nico Santos doesn’t have an avalanche of films or television series roles to his name yet, neither is he in competition with anybody, rather, he is one guy who is very passionate about acting and has been doing his best to grow his game while taking his growing career to the upward side. Being a late bloomer, Santos may not have gained international audiences like most Hollywood elites but he has a lot of accomplishments ahead of him. He scored his breakout role in the critically acclaimed series, Superstore, which also earned him his first nomination for playing sales associate Mateo Liwanag. The paragraphs below contain all the answers to questions bordering on his background, sexual orientation, and other lesser-known facts.
Bio and Age – Who is Nico Santos?
Nico Santos is an American actor of Filipino origin born on 7th April 1979, in Manila, Philippines. He emigrated with his family from Manila to Gresham, in Oregon, at the age of sixteen. He would enrol at Centennial High School, also in Gresham, where he later became the vice president of the school’s drama club.
After completing his high school education, Santos got admission to study Acting at Southern Oregon University, Ashland, Oregon. He is said to have graduated with a degree from the institution in the year 2001.
Not long after, the actor got a job as a wardrobe assistant in the costume department of the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. He worked there for several years and later decided to leave the job and try something else. He moved to California, where he started performing as a stand-up comic. After several gigs, Nico became a popular local comic performer with his quirky characters in the Bay Area comedy scene.
One of the earliest roles he took up was as a member of the talk show roundtable, Chelsea Lately. He featured as himself in the show which ran from 2012 to 2013. He has also had roles in productions such as Crazy Rich Asians (2018), Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 (2015), 2 Broke Girls (TV series, 2014), Go-Go Boy Interrupted (TV series, 2014) and others,
Is He Gay?
Yes, the American-Filipino thespian is openly gay, according to trusted sites. Santos once shared in an interview that he came out of the closet when he moved to the United States of America with his family, even though he has never hidden being gay before they moved.
As of 2018, Nico is dating Zeke Smith, a star from Game Changers and Millennials vs. Gen X editions of CBS reality game show Survivor. Smith made their relationship public sometime in June 2018 on his Twitter page. Photos of the two reportedly surfaced online for the first time in April 2018 when they graced the 29th Annual GLAAD Media Awards’ Hyundai afterparty which took place at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, California. They’ve also been on vacation to Palm Springs and have embarked on a road trip to the Cabazon Dinosaurs in Riverside, California.
Zeke Smith is a transgender. He first made headline after he was outed as transgender by a fellow contestant during Survivor‘s all-star Second Chances season 34 in May 2017. Santos’ boyfriend was born on January 28, 1985, in Oklahoma. He reportedly came out as gay at the age of 15 and is said to have transitioned from woman to man while studying Religion at Harvard University. He currently banks as an asset manager and comedian.
Other Facts About Him
1. Although there is little or no information about the actor’s parents and family background, he often credits his mother as his biggest career support. Santos shared that his mom has always been in support of his career choice and that she is not a “stereotypical Asian Tiger Mom”, a reference to American lawyer/author Amy Chua’s book, “Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother” which was published in 2011. The comedian cum actor has never talked about his father or siblings in front of the camera.
2. Nico Santos is said to have written for E! Network’s Fashion Police, an American television series which premiered on E! on the 10th day of September 2010.
3. The actor currently lives in California.
4. His net worth is being reviewed at the time of writing this report.
5. Nico Santos is yet to publicly share information about his height, weight, and other body measurements.
6. To date, his stint in the NBC series Superstore which was his fifth acting job is considered his biggest role.