He was just 17 years old when he was introduced to the world at large, but since then the football player has been making his mark and pushing boundaries in the sport. Though today is all about Neymar’s height, weight and body measurements, let’s take a few moments to check out a few facts about the athlete.
- He was born Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior on 5 February 1992 to Neymar Santos, Sr. and Nadine da Silva.
- His career started in 2003, when he was just 11 years old. That was when he joined the Santos Academy and in turn perfected his skills.
- The star athlete was nearly signed by Real Madrid when he was 14 years old. He almost completed the whole process; flying to Spain, passing all the tests, but before the transfer could be completed Santos paid a large sum of money to keep him.
- Not only has he had a pretty fast paced career, his personal seems to be moving fast too. Neymar became one of the youngest daddy’s out there at the age of 19. His son’s name is David Lucca and his mother’s identity is a secret. It ‘s probably for the best.
- Though he is young, he has achieved quite a lot, on 5 February 2012, which happened to be his 20th birthday, Neymar scored his 100th professional goal against Palmeiras.
- He has received an honor that has never been bestowed on any Brazilian athlete before; he graced the February 2013 issue of Time Magazine.
- Neymar is the world’s most marketable athlete, yes, he beat stars like Lionel Messi, Christiano Ronaldo, Usain Bolt and racing champion Lewis Hamilton for the title.
- He has been a star of his own comic book since the year 2013.
- It is very evident that he is really into body art as the star athlete is heavily tattooed; most of his ink is related to his Christian faith and his family.
- We don’t know what figures appear as the balance of your checking account at the end of the year, but being the star athlete that he is, Neymar draws in some big bucks. His has an annual salary of approximately $32 million.
Now that we have had our fill of facts about the star, it’s time to get back to the topic at hand beginning with Neymar’s height.
Football or soccer is one of those sports where you don’t really have to be a particular height to play. It’s more about speed, accuracy, agility and a lot of tactical thinking, so it’s no surprise that most of the athletes that play the sport aren’t packing much in the height department. The star in question is not exception to this as he stands 5 feet 9 inches tall.
There’s been an ongoing debate about how tall the football player is and his mo-hawk has a lot to with the arguments. Some have argued that his hair do adds quite the number of inches to his general height and that he looks quite small when he is out on the pitch regardless.
Despite it all, we can all say that he has made his height work for him. Here is a list of celebrities who share Neymar’s height. Jared Leto, Robert Redford, Zayn Malik and Mark Zuckerberg all stand as tall as the star athlete.
Neymar now maintains the healthy weight of 68 kilograms, but that has not always been the case for the athlete. In 2013, a Barcelona doctor revealed that he had some concerns about the star athlete’s health, most especially in relation to his weight. At the time the star weighed 64 kilograms and as a result was deemed too light for his trade.
According to Independent, Neymar is not the first Barca player to be deemed too light. The club famously paid for their Argentina forward Lionel Messi, the four-times World Player of the Year, to have treatment to speed up his growth when he was a delicate teenager.
Fast forward to the present day, he has gained a bit of weight and is planning to gain more till he reaches his optimum weight. ‘ It’s not so I can boast, that doesn’t interest me,’ he said. ‘ It’s so I can be more efficient. What I want is to be the best on the pitch; it doesn’t matter if people see me as good looking or not.’
Neymar’s Body Measurements
In addition to Neymar’s height and weight, here is a summary of his body measurements.
Height: 5 feet 9 inches
Weight: 68 kilograms
Chest Size: 41 inches
Waist Size: 33 inches
Arm/ Bicep Size: 15 inches
Feet/ Shoe Size: US 8.5, EU 41-41, UK 8