Mitch Jones is best known as a retired Major League Baseball player. He played baseball as an outfielder. Mitch first gained a little bit of recognition when he set a new record at Utah Valley State College with 41 career homers in only two years. He later transferred to Arizona State University where he set another record by posting 787 slugging percentage with 27 home runs in a single season. By this time, it was apparent that he was destined for great things. He was also a two-time consensus All-American in 1998 and also in 2000.
For his amateur career, he was drafted by the Texas Rangers in 1997. He was later drafted by the Baltimore Orioles in 1998 and again in 1999. After he finished college, he was drafted by the New York Yankees in the 7th round of the 2000 draft.
You probably think you know everything there is to know about Mitch Jones but there just might be some things that will surprise you. Find out more about the sportsman below:
Mitch Jones: Biography
Mitchell C. Jones was born on the 15th of October, 1977 in Orem, Utah. While at Orem, he attended Mountain View High School where he began playing baseball. While Orem is a relatively quiet town, it has produced a few other celebrities including Julianne Hough who is a famous dancer, country musician and actress.
Is He Gay?
Mitch Jones has taken great strides to keep his personal life out of the public eye. So, it is unknown if the sportsman is gay or straight. However, until he comes out to say otherwise, or evidence of the contrary is found – the safest bet is to assume that Mitch is a straight man.
Presently, the former athlete keeps his personal life private and as a result, not a lot is known about his romantic relationships. It is unknown if he is single or married or divorced. Apart from his close personal friends and family, no one knows about his past relationships or the number of people he has dated.
It’s obvious he has gone the extra mile to ensure that those closest him to him and his loved ones are not affected by the fame of his professional career. It is admirable that he has kept his love life away from the media instead of parlaying it into gossip for an extra ounce of fame.
Mitch Jones: Height, Weight & Body Measurements
The retired athlete is currently in amazing shape. His height is listed at 1.83 m (6’0 ft) and his weight is recorded to be 98 kg (216 lbs). Thanks to his many years as an athlete, it was relatively easy for Mitch Jones to get in shape and stay in shape.
As expected, he put in the required hours training both in the game and at the gym to ensure that he was in peak condition to be the best player he could be. The result was not only an amazing player but a man in enviable physical condition and athletic physique.
For now, Mitch Jones’ total net worth is currently undisclosed. Though the athlete has not released his financial stats, you can be sure that the final amount will not be disappointing considering the years he spent building a career while playing a game that he loved.
Other Interesting Facts About Him
1. In 2006, Mitch Jones received his first Major League Call up and it was by the New York Yankees. He achieved this by working his way through the New York Yankees’ minor league team, eventually becoming an All-star six times.
2. Based on his October 15 birthday, Mitch Jones is a Libra. He also shares his birthday with a few other celebrities including Anthony Joshua, Fedez, Bailee Madison, Sarah Engels, Mesut Özil, Keyshia Cole, Dominic West, Khanyi Mbau and Ginuwine.
3. In 2010, Mitch was acquired for cash considerations by the Pittsburgh Pirates. He played for the Indianapolis Indians, the Pirates AAA team.
4. He has also played ball for Japanese professional baseball league. In 2007, he played for the Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters of Japan’s Pacific League.
5. After a year in Japan, he returned to the United States. Shortly after, his contract was purchased by the Dodgers and he made his major league debut as part of the team. For his debut game, he played as a pinch hitter against the Oakland Athletics.