Motherhood is something that comes quite naturally to a lot of women, a natural progression that just comes along in its own time. For those that are privileged to have kids of their own with little or no complications, they may never understand the struggle for others. Michelle Stafford is one person whose journey to motherhood makes for compelling reading.
Born on the 14th of September, 1965 in Chicago, Illinois. Her family relocated to Montrose, California, where she and her older sister, Janine were raised by their parents. Upon graduation from high school, Michelle focussed her energies on pursuing her modeling career.
Her modeling initially took her as far as Asia and Europe, she even lived for a year in Italy before returning to the States to further her career in acting. Her first acting gig was in Tribes, a short-lived soap opera in 1990 targeted at a teen audience. She followed that up with appearances in two plays directed by the award-winning Charles Durning.
Michelle Stafford’s big break came four years later in 1994 in what was intended to be a short-term role of Phyllis Summers in the soap opera The Young and the Restless. Following positive reviews from viewers and critics, Michelle was handed a permanent and longer contract.
In 1997, she won a Daytime Emmy in 1997, that same year, she landed the lead role in the soap opera Pacific Palisades. The show was, however, canceled after 13 episodes. Other movies she has appeared in include JAG, Two Guys and a Girl, Diagnosis: Murder, and in the 1999 thriller Double Jeopardy.
Between December 2006 and February 2007, Michelle appeared on Young and Restless as Sheila Carter. In 2014, she landed the role of Nina Clay, on the soap opera, General Hospital which incidentally holds the Guinness World Records as the longest-running American soap opera in production.
By all definition, Michelle Stafford has had an impressive career. Besides her interests in acting, screenwriting, and production, she also started the Stafford Project – a series based on her life, struggles in relationships and the challenges of being a single mother. The show made its debut on debuted on August 5, 2013, on Michelle Stafford’s website and on Youtube.
Her net worth is put at $15 million. She also owns a luxury two-story house in Glendale, California.
One of the biggest battles Michelle has had to fight in her life has been the battle to have her own kids. After being told by her doctors that she would find it almost impossible to have her own kids, Michelle after years of trying to have her own kids went all out to explore other options available to her.
She often recalls how the phase of dealing with infertility remains the darkest moments in her life. First, she decided to adopt but the experience left a sour taste in her mouth, so she tried harder to have kids by herself. She had three failed IVF attempts and three surgeries yet she couldn’t still have a child.
Finally, she settled for a gestational surrogate and had her first child Natalia Scout Lee, born on the 21st December 2009. She had her second child, a son Jameson Jones Lee in October 2015.
Is Michelle Stafford Married? Who is Her Husband
Despite her attempts to get pregnant, Michelle has never been married. There have been insinuations that she and her General Hospital co-star James Patrick Stuart had some sort of romance going on, howver, the rumor has turned out to be false.
Other Facts About Michelle Stafford
1. Michelle has won two Daytime Emmys, the first in 1997 for Outstanding Supporting Actress and the second in 2004 for Outstanding Lead Actress.
2. She has a mixed ancestry, that includes Polish, Czech and English bloodlines.
3. According to her, changing her hair color to red at some point increased the number of modeling jobs she got.
4. Stafford launched her own skin care product line in 2016 dedicated to producing natural and organic products. The line is called Skin Nation.
5. She has a stepfather – Eddie Adams. Her mother is Paulette Adams.
6. In exploring other sides of her creativity, in 2012 she appeared in a web series – The Grove as Lauren.
7. Michelle is an avid hockey lover and has been a correspondent on Fox The Best Damn Sports Show Period
8. She is also actively involved in philanthropy with the Hollywood Education and Literacy Project as well as the Citizens Commission on Human Rights.