Meta Golding is a woman of many talents. Born in India, she was brought up in more than a couple of countries and speaks more than three languages. She has become popular over the years as an actress who appeared in Hunger Games, Criminal Minds, CSI and Tomorrow People. Beyond acting, she was once a competitive figure skater.
As an actress, Golding began her career in 1995 when she appeared in the movie and TV series Conversations and Loving respectively. Since then, she has appeared in many more productions, having close to 50 appearances on her resume.
Meta Golding – Biography
On November 2, 1971, Meta Golding was born in India to a father who was American and a mother who was Haitian. Her parents met when her dad who ran an aid organization based in India met in Haiti. At the time, he was working in Haiti.
After her parents got married they moved back to India. Contrary to many speculations that she was born in Port-au-Prince, Haiti, she revealed that she was actually born in India after her parents moved there. Considering that her father also worked for the United Nations, she was brought up in different parts of the world including the United States, Haiti, India, Italy, and France.
As a child growing up in Italy, she came to love figure skating, a sport that was not so popular in the country. However, she still excelled at it even to a competitive stage as a national figure skater. Although Meta Golding spent many years of her life training in the sport, her career therein ended after she suffered an injury.
Next, Meta turned her eyes towards acting. She became a regular face in the Italian theatre where she started acting. Before long, she was back to the States where she obtained a Degree in Theatre Arts and International Relations from Cornell University.
Movies and TV Shows
As regards her career as an actress, she has done a lot over the years since she appeared in the 1995 films Conversations and Quiet Days in Hollywood. In 1997, she was in Kiss the Girls and then Louis & Frank in 1998. Next, Meta Golding was in On Edge (2001), Brace Face Brandi (2002), Date or Disaster (2003), and Surrogates (2009). With some other movies still, her most popular appearances came in 2013 when she was in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2 in 2015 as Enobaria. Also, she was in Behind the Movement (2018) as Rosa.
On TV, she has also had a good career thus far. Since she appeared in Loving (1995), she has also come to appear in other series including CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (2001), Jag (2005), Day Break 2006 to 2007), Criminal Minds (2008 to 2009), and Dark Blue (2009 to 2010). Most recently, she was in Colony (2017) and Empire (2018). Others include TV movies to her name such as Midnight Blue (2000) and Iris Expanding (2010).
1. She is multilingual: Considering that she has been to many continents and countries around the world including Senegal in Africa, it is no surprise that she is good with many languages. Apart from English, the actress also speaks Creole, French, and Italian.
2. She is also a great cook: As stated, Meta Golding is a woman of many skills. She also knows how to cook many delicacies. In fact, because of how good she is, she once had a catering business. This, however, was when she was still a struggling actress. She decided that instead of working as a waitress, she could as well be a caterer with a friend who was also a struggling actress.
3. Marital status and children: A very beautiful woman who has both grace and style, Meta Golding is one who can easily get any eyes turning her direction. However, she is still not married. More so, she does not have any kids. She has been good with keeping her private life completely away from the public. Because of this, there is nothing known about her past relationships or even if she is in any at the moment.
4. She is involved in humanitarian work: The part of her being a workhorse in the acting scene is already known. What is not known is that she is very much involved in civic work in Haiti where she has been helping in building schools and providing homes among other things.
5. Height: A beauty to behold, Golding is not the tallest woman around. She has a height of only 5 feet 5 inches.