Megan Mullally is the feisty American, actress, comedian and singer who lights up the screen and stage with her charming talents every time she gets the chance. Popularly, she is known as the award-winning actress who brought the role of Karen Walker on NBC’s series, Will & Grace, to life. Some of the awards she won include; Golden Globe for the Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy Series (2000, 2001 and 2003), Primetime Emmys for the Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series (2000 and 2006). She also hosted The Megan Mullally Show, from 2006 to 2007. More details below.
Megan Mullally’s Bio
Megan Mullally was born in Los Angeles, California, on the 12th of November 1958 to Carter Mullally Jr., and Martha Mullally. She happens to have a mixture of Scandinavian, Irish and English ancestry. When she was at the age of six, her family relocated to Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, where she studied ballet and also performed at the Oklahoma City Ballet. As as a teenager, she was enrolled in the Casady School. Upon graduation, she went ahead to study Art History and English Literature at the Northwestern University located in Evanston, Illinois.
After completing college, Megan Mullally decided to move to Los Angeles in 1985. Luckily for her, the William Morris Agency signed her just two weeks after her arrival in LA. Her first chance at appearing on screen was in a commercial by McDonald’s which also featured John Goodman. The following year, 1986, she debuted in her very first series, The Ellen Burstyn Show. She then went on to guest-star in a good number of sitcoms including; Just Shoot Me!, Wings, Ned and Stacey, Seinfeld, Frasier, Mad About You, and Caroline in the City.
Megan auditioned for the role of Karen Walker for the NBC sitcom, Will & Grace in 1998 and made the cast. In the series, she played the sarcastic, pill-popping assistant of Grace Adler. For her role in Will & Grace, Megan won the 2000 and 2006 Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series. The year 2011 saw Mullally star as a recurring cast in the sitcom Happy Endings where she played the character of Dana Hartz. The following year, she joined the cast of the series titled Breaking In while in 2016, she was added to the cast of the movie, Why Him?
Megan Mullally is no pushover when it comes to the entertainment scene in Hollywood, especially with a career spanning decades. Having worked extensively in different dimensions of her talent including music, comedy and most popularly, acting, she has been able to amass tremendous wealth on her part to live the life of luxury she has always imagined. Currently, with a net worth of a whopping $15 million, she is definitely in a very good place financially.
Husband – Nick Offerman
It’s not new to learn that co-stars get romantically involved with one another from time to time even to the point of tieing the knot. Interestingly, this just happens to be the case with Mullally and her better half, actor, Nick Offerman. They met in 2000 when they were both cast in a play called The Berlin Circle, produced by the Evidence Room Theatre Company. During their dating period, Nick had some guest appearances alongside Megan in the series, Will & Grace, (Season 4, Episode 10, and Season 9 on the episode, “Friends and Lover”). They tied the knot on the 20th of September 2003.
1. Megan Mullally happens to hold the record for becoming one of the only two actresses to get nominated and win a SAG Award three years in a row.
2. In terms of the Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress – Series, Miniseries or Television Film, Megan Mullally was nominated from 2000 to 2003.
3. Before meeting Nick Offerman, Mullally’s first marriage was to Michael Katcher who was a talent manager. They got married in 1992 but filed for a divorce in 1996.
4. Mullaly who is over 50 years of age doesn’t have kids of her own. She revealed that though she and her husband Nick did try to have children, it was taking too long, probably because of her age so, they quit trying.
5. She and her husband Nick has starred in the following movies; The Kings of Summer and Smashed; as well as the 2015 animated movie Hotel Transylvania 2, where she voiced the character, Linda, while nick voiced, Mike.
6. She formed a band called, Supreme Music Program (SMP) with Stephanie Hunt in 2012 of which three albums (Big as a Berry, The Sweetheart Break-In and Free Again!) have been released. The band went on tour in March 2013.