If you have ever watched History Channel’s Canadian-Irish series Vikings, you will agree that the character Helga is one interesting piece of the Viking puzzle. The pretty face behind the Helga character – the wife of the quirky Floki, is Maude Hirst. Born into a family dripping with creative juices, Maude has chosen to tow a familiar family career path, a love story which you can sense is guaranteed to end well.
Maude’s first love was gymnastics, and as a child, she simply did it for fun until she encountered a movie director who was working on a movie that would require a lot of gymnastic stunts.
It makes life a whole lot easier to live through when you are able to define yourself, what you stand for and exactly where you are headed from a young age; it provides for slightly smoother sailing in the sea of life. Maude Hirst was born on the 6th of February, 1988. She is the elder daughter of British screenwriter Michael Hirst. She was born in England and thus holds a British citizenship.
Everything You Must Know About Maude Hirst
Maude Hirst, whilst it is hard to say that she is unknown, it is safe to assume that she is yet to hit the heights available to her as an on-screen superstar, so we can bet that definitely, the best is yet to come from her. There are a couple of facts that can make all fans the world over have a little bit of an inclination into what goes on with Maude Hirst.
1. Birthday: Maude Hirst was born on the 6th of February 1988.
2. Sign: Her zodiac/astrological sign is Aquarius because of the day of her birth as regards to the cosmos.
3. Family: Maude is the elder daughter of British screenwriter Michael Hirst. He was initially supposed to be an academic but when his works were actually read, it was discovered that he had the talent to be a successful screenwriter. He was born September 21, 1952, in Bradford, United Kingdom.
Micheal attended the Bradford Grammar School and London School of Economics as well as the University of Nottingham, where he received a First Class Joint-Honours Degree in English and American Literature. He has produced a number of notable works none less than the television series The Tudors (2007 – 2010) and Vikings (2013 – Present). He co-produced the series Camelot with Chris Chibnall and also produced the Borgias as well.
Maude has a younger sibling and as beautiful as Maude is, so is her little sister Georgia. They share quite the resemblance the two sisters. Georgia was born on 26th December, 1994.
4. Education: Hirst was educated at the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts.
5. Career: Maude has gone on to become an actress and she has starred in a couple of roles during her career. She became active as an actress in 2008 and has continued on since then. A good number of the roles she has been asked to play have been minor roles but she has gone on to succeed in those role s very well.
In 2008, she landed a minor role as Sophie in Cash and Curry, then in 2009, she featured another minor role in Nuryan as Ellie. Then there was Carol in The Knock in 2016. Also beginning in 2008 all the way to 2010 she played the role of Kat Ashley in the television series The Tudors.
During that period, she was a recurring part of the show for nine episodes. Then there was possibly her best role till date when she played as Helga, wife of Floki the boat builder and trickster on the television show, Vikings (2013 – 2017). She was featured on the show for 39 episodes, lighting up our screens as she struck a great romance on the show, with co-star Hrafna Vilgaerdarson who played Floki.
6. Body Measurements: Maude is blessed with a special kind of good looks, bold eyes, and a flawless skin. She stands at 5 feet 3 inches and weighs 48 kg.
7. Romance: For someone as beautiful as Maude Hirst, it is a little bit of a surprise that there has been no talk of her being in a relationship. If she actually is involved with someone she is doing a pretty good job of keeping it a secret.