Marie Avgeropoulos is an actress and model best known for her role on the post-apocalyptic television show The 100, where she plays, Octavia Blake – a headstrong and stubborn teenager. Her role on the show has been her most notable gig, earning her international recognition and a throng of loyal fans. The Greek-Canadian actress is the embodiment of beauty, charm and youthful energy.
Who Is Marie Avgeropoulos?
Marie Avgeropoulos was born in Thunder Bay, Ontario, on the 17th of June, 1986. Growing up, she enjoyed camping, hunting and fishing. Simply put, Marie enjoyed spending her free time outdoors.
The young actress also started playing the drums when she was sixteen. However, she didn’t fathom a career in the music business; she, instead, wanted to be a journalist. She spent two years studying Journalism in Canada before deciding to relocate to Europe. After several months, she returned to her home country and settled down in Vancouver.
While in Vancouver, she was invited for a casting call that also needed drummers. A talent agent noticed and cast her in several national commercials. Through this, she caught the attention of American filmmaker – Chris Columbus who cast her in his film, I Love You Beth Cooper, her feature film debut. This, in turn, led to her booking more roles in films and television shows, solidifying her status as an actress to watch.
Personal Life: Her Boyfriend or Husband
Unlike most Hollywood celebrities, Marie Avgeropolous prefers keeping a low profile, especially when it comes to her relationships and dating life. Nonetheless, it can be confirmed that the Canadian actress is not yet married and does not have a husband.
Though there aren’t a lot of details on Marie’s relationships, it is known that the actress previously dated Shawn Roberts, an actor she met on the set of I Love You, Beth Cooper. The two were together from 2008 till 2009 before calling it quits on their relationship. Her next relationship of note was with Taylor Lautner, who she met on the set of Tracers. The two began dating in 2013 and were often seen out and about together before their relationship sadly ended in 2015.
In 2018, Marie Avgeropoulos was rumoured to be in a relationship with an unnamed man who was nine years older than her. News of their dating history came to light when the actress was arrested for domestic violence. The couple had been in a car when an argument began; in response, Marie struck her boyfriend multiple times, hitting him on the arm, neck and head which resulted in multiple minor injuries. A follow up on the incident revealed the unnamed boyfriend did not want to press charges and even posted the actress’ bail.
Since the incident, there’s been no more information on the couple and their relationship. It cannot be said for certain if the two have broken up or are still an item.
Other Facts About Marie Avgeropoulos
1. The Canadian actress underwent parkour training for about two months to prepare for her role in the film Tracers. She visited parkour gyms and also spent time working on her jump squats, box jump exercises and lower body strength.
2. Marie is a known dog lover and has a pet, Chewy, which she frequently and affectionately displays on her social media. She has even created an Instagram page dedicated to the dog.
3. The actress’ first TV appearance was on the CW show Supernatural in 2009. The show which has a dedicated fanbase has been on the air for over a decade and has featured many actors and actresses at the start of their career.
4. Marie Avgeropoulos has a great figure which she maintains with frequent trips to the gym. Her height is listed as 5 ft 5 in (165 cm) while her weight is recorded to be 55 kg (121 lbs). Her dress size is listed as 4 (US) or 34 (EU) while her bra size is 34A and her shoe size is 9 (US) or 39.5 (EU).
5. The actress currently plays Olivia Blake on The 100. On the show, she is known to do her own stunts and is not afraid to get down and dirty during filming to get the effect required for each scene she appears in.