If by chance you are an avid fan of basketball, there is no way you have not come across the Ball family. That is the family where Liangelo Ball comes from. He is that basketball star who played for the Vytautas Prienai–Birštonas and who got embroiled in a Shoplifting controversy in China that took the intervention of president Donald Trump, and drew the attention of a lot of people to be settled. Here are things to know about him.
LiAngelo Ball’s Biography
November 24, 1998, was the date the LiAngelo was born in Anaheim, California. He was raised by his parents Tina and LaVar Ball alongside his younger brother LaMelo Ball and his elder brother Lonzo Ball. It is very interesting to note that while growing up, LiAngelo alongside his two brothers began playing the game of basketball since they were kids. This was because both of their parents were into the sports in different ways.
For his education, LiAngelo Ball attended the Chino Hills High School and from here he went to the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Nevertheless, he was forced to withdraw from the university after the incident that involved him in a shoplifting case in China because of which he was suspended from the institution.
The major controversy that he got involved in was when he was arrested with his friends in Shanghai after they were allegedly caught shoplifting sunglasses. For the alleged crime, the three could have spent between 3 to 10 years behind bars, but they were released following what the Trump administration said was an intervention from the president of the United States.
Even though Trumped demanded that LiAngelo and his friends thanked him for his intervention which they did, it turned out that their release was already on the way.
Thus far, LiAngelo is yet to have any major stats as he has not played in many games professionally, or even in college since he left in his first year. Looking at his stats with Vytautas Prienu, he played 15 games and started in 7 of the games. He recorded 193 points.
The young ball was hoping to make it to the NBA through the 2018 Draft but he was unable to make it at the draft combine in Chicago. Hence the former Prienu Vytautas player is now banking on making it through the back door as his father said.
What LaVar wants is for all his boys to be signed by the Lakers and that is where the interest of LiAngelo is, but it remains to be seen if he can land himself a jersey. The chances for that happening are very little because sources have revealed that the Lakers do not even believe he is good enough for even the G-League.
See Also: Lebron James Height, Weight, and Stats
LiAngelo has a girlfriend whose name is Izzy Morris. The two have been dating for some time, but as he pointed out, he doesn’t like talking about his relationship even though the two are always seen on their social media together.
Also known as Isabella Morris, Izzy who has become an Instagram star was born on December 10, 1999, in Chino Hills California.
LiAngelo Ball just like his other brothers is all about the game of basketball in both looks and skills. That said, he has a height of 6 ft 6 in (2.0 m) and a weight of 216 lb (98 kg).
Tattoos and Facts
- The young baller has got himself a tattoo on his back. Why the issue of his tattoo has become interesting for many people is because his father has always hated tattoos and only got to know that his son had one on himself when he went for a treatment. Sure, as any man who hates inks, LaVar was upset seeing it even when the tattoos said things like Live a Long and Healthy Life as he told his brother, and a big cross across his chest.
- As indicated, LiAngelo is from a basketball family. While his father played the sports in college and later he went into football, his mother also played in her days as a student.
- His brother Lonzo is playing in the NBA for the Los Angeles Lakers while LaMelo is playing for the Los Angeles Ballers.
- Because of the way the family is in love with basketball, it was LaVar who began the Junior Basketball Association.
- His mother, Tina Ball suffered a Stroke from which she is still making a gradual recovery with the help of the entire family. Before she fell ill, Tina worked at Vernon Middle School in Montclair, California as the athletic director.
- His family is very rich with a number of investments in sportswear for both men and women. The family owns the Big Baller Brand. That said, his father, LaVar has a net worth of $4 million while his brother Lonzo has a net worth of $14 million.