Leggy. Chic. Sexy. These are words that illustrate the effortless beauty that is Laura Harrier. Born to biracial parents in Chicago and wired for the cosmopolitan jungle that is New York, Laura has taken the entertainment space by the scruff of the neck.
In a space of five years, she has modeled for some of the biggest names in the industry and also featured in some big name movies to hit the screens. We take a look at her career, family and some juicy celebrity facts about her.
Bio, Age (Ethnicity)
Laura was born on the 28th of March, 1990 in Chicago, Illinois and attended the Evanston Township High School from 2004-2008. Her father (an African American) worked in the Insurance sector while her mom (of Russian descent) was a speech pathologist.
At the rather tender age of 18, Laura swapped the relative comfort of home to pursue her dreams in New York. She enrolled at the New York University’s Gallatin School of Individualized Study (a small interdisciplinary College within the NYU). On arrival on campus, modeling caught her attention and she soon deferred her academic studies to focus on modeling. A decision her parents surprisingly didn’t make a fuss about.
As a model, she worked on campaigns for some of the biggest companies in America including the likes of Eagle, L’Oréal, Urban Outfitters and Target. In no time, she was on the pages of A-list magazines – Glamour, Cosmopolitan, Vogue and Elle.
After a while, the restless and adventurous soul that she is decided to quit full-time modeling and get trained for the movies. She enrolled at the William Esper Studio to study Drama, a studio famed for an impressive alumnus that includes Kim Basinger, Kathy Bates, and John Malkovich.
Upon graduation, in 2013 her first attempt at acting was making an appearance as a young mom on in the remake of American soap opera One Life to Live (canceled after one season). She then teamed up with Steve McQueen’s HBO project, Codes of Conduct which was also wasn’t much of a success.
While her young acting career was struggling to take shape, Laura Harrier fell back to a few modeling gigs to keep afloat. In 2014, she starred as Amber in Unforgettable and landed a role as a Manuscript Woman in The Last Five Years. Things were finally beginning to look up.
In 2015, Laura made an appearance as Dorothy Cuda in 4th Man Out. Her big break came in 2017 when film director John Watts was setting up a cast to reflect the diversity of Peter Parker’s world in the American superhero movie Spider-Man: Homecoming, Laura Harrier just happened to be the right fit. In 2018, she starred in the thriller film BlacKkKlansman.
There is no information on the actual names of Laura Harrier’s parents. What is certain, however, is that her dad is of African-American descent while her mother is of Russian (Ukraine) and English descent. Laura’s maternal grandmother was born in India, to American parents on Christian missionary assignment.
Laura Harrier’s Height
By all definitions of beauty, Laura Harier is a stunner. She stands at a modest 5 feet 9 inches with a body weight 55 kg. She wears bras of size 32B, her breast size is 34, her waist size is 24 and while her hips size is 34.
1. Anyone who has followed Laura Harrier’s career will quite easily attest to the fact that she never shows up looking shabby. Her appearances on the red carpet have been subtle statements of style and class thanks to the fabulous efforts of her stylist, Danielle Nachmani.
2. She loves to shop vintage. One of her favorite places in New York City is the 9th St. Haberdashery.
3. Heard about her fashion friend? Its Zendaya, she met the actress on the set of Spider-Man: Homecoming and the pair struck up a friendship centered around their fashion tastes and experiences.
4. Surprisingly, Laura says she isn’t big on stilettos and would her comfort over heels. She currently wears more of mules and loafers.
5. According to Laura, her style icon is the singer Sade who she admires for her ability to pull off a perfect blend of masculinity and femininity
6. Laura isn’t one for too much make up, when necessary, she rocks her MAC Ruby Woo, for her brows, she sticks to Glossier Boy in Brown.
7. Laura’s biggest career inspiration is the enigmatic Viola Davis, someone she has always looked up to.