Kristin Herrera is a talented American actress who went into the entertainment industry at an early age. She started off with commercials where her talent was spotted and then began featuring in television series and movie roles. Though she mostly got featured for minor roles, she was able to get a few major roles which she did an excellent job interpreting. She gained her fame as Dana Cruz in Nickelodeon’s Zoey 101 and she did incredibly well in every episode of the show, and in other roles that were given to her.
After being on the screen for some years, Kristin decided to give her acting career a break and probably focus on other ventures we believe will be made public soon. At the moment, we don’t know what her plans for the future are concerning her acting career but fans would like to see more of her talent on our screen.
Who is Kristin Herrera and How Old is She?
Kristine Lisa Herrera was born on February 21, 1989, in Los Angeles, California. She is of mixed descent which includes Mexican, American and Puerto Rican heritage. She schooled in Los Angeles, precisely at Hillcrest Christian School in Grenada Hills.
She went into the entertainment industry at the early age of six, where she made her first appearance in a phone service commercial. Her first TV role came in 2001 when she played the role of Elena Rodrigues in an episode of NYPD Blue. This opened her up for more roles and the following year, she had so much on her plate as she was quite busy and made appearances in various television series such as 7th Heaven, The Division, and The Bernie Mac Show. In 2004, she played the role of Frederika Meehan in the American medical television series, ER. She also landed a recurring role as Lourdes Del Torro in American Television medical drama, General Hospital.
In the same year, 2004, Kristin Herrera landed the role of Dana Cruz, one of the main characters in the Nickelodeon American Comedy Drama series Zoey 101. Her stay in the series was short-lived as she was written off after the first season.
In addition to the various TV shows Herrera featured in, she also had some film roles to her credit, such as Freedom Writers (2007) where she played the role of Gloria Munas, a minor character, alongside Hilary Swank. That same year, she also featured in Resurrection Mary where she played the part of Karen.
Family Life – Siblings
Being in the entertainment industry comes with its own challenges, one of which is always being at the spotlight and having the paparazzi all around you, thereby finding it quite difficult to keep a low profile life, even the celebrities who desire to fly under the radar. There are just a few celebrities who have been able to keep their family and personal life away from the public. Kristin Herrera is one of those celebrities who has been successful at distancing their family life away from their busy career, as much has not been said about her family.
Nothing is known of her parents, but we got to gather she has three siblings, two brothers – Ryan and Justin, and a sister named Ashley. Other than this, there is no other information concerning her family.
Other Facts About The Actress
• Being born on February 21, Kristin Herrera’s star sign is Pisces.
• She was replaced by Victoria Justice, who played the role of Lola Martinez in Zoey 101 after the first season.
• Though there is no confirmation to this, it is believed she was removed from Zoey 101 because Nickelodeon thought she looked older than her co-stars, but the public was told she left on her own for personal reasons.
• In addition to her other talents, she is also very fluent in Spanish.
• The series, General Hospital was her last role before she went on a break as an actress which was in the year 2008.
• The actress isn’t just beautiful but has an enviable hourglass shape with an average height of 5 feet 4 inches, and also a weight measured at 51 kg.
• She is engaged to Daniel Novak, and they are planning on tying the knot pretty soon.
• Kristin is believed to have an estimated net worth of about half a million dollars.