Young, vibrant and ambitious, Kerris Dorsey is an American actress who has already established herself with a couple of high profile roles including that of Paige Whedon in the ABC hit series, Brothers and Sisters. Her other noteworthy role is that of Casey Beane in the 2011 film Moneyball which also starred Hollywood great Brad Pitt who played Billy Beane, her character’s father.
Dorsey is also known for her role as Emily Cooper in the 2014 film Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. In Ray Donovan, she portrayed the titular character’s daughter Bridget Donovan.
Born on Friday 9th January 1998 in Los Angeles, California, Kerris Lilla Dorsey made her professional debut as an actress when she was just 7 years old. She began her career in commercials for Hallmark, KFC, Safeway and for the State Farm.
Her father Mr. John Dorsey is the founder and owner of a hair accessory company “Lilla Rose”. He named the company after his two daughter’s middle name being Kerris Lilla Dorsey and Justine Rose Dorsey. Her sister has worked with her on television before – on the show Brother and Sisters in 2006. Justine appeared on two episodes of the show.
In 2012, she famously guest-starred on Disney Channel’s Shake It up Chicago as Kat, a girl who made up a plan to get on the show by befriending CeCe Jones.
Kerris Dorsey’s career as an actress does overshadow her singing abilities although she sang a song titled The Show which was a cover of Lenka’s song in the Moneyball, which was incredibly downloaded more than 110,000 times. Her cover of the song was also included in the soundtrack of the film. She also took part in some of the songs in her sister’s album which was released in 2014.
Kerris is someone with a high level of political involvement as she supported the Democratic Party in the 2016 US presidential elections.
Height and Weight
Kerris Dorsey stands at a height of around 170 cm (1.70 meters) which is about 5 Feet 7 Inches. She weighs about 55 kg which is 121 Ibs. She maintains a slim physique that has helped her career grow to greater heights.
Kerris’s dad is John Dorsey, a businessman and industrialist. She has a sister who is a singer known as Justine Rose Dorsey born on the 23rd of August in 1995. Singing seems to be engrained in their DNA as their Great Grandfather is the legendary musician Thomas Dorsey.
She has always had one boyfriend all her life, actor Dylan Minette who was born on the 29th of December in 1996. She and Dylan met on the set of Alexander and Terrible, Horrible, No good, Very Bad Day. Dylan played the role of Anthony Cooper while Kerris played Emily Cooper. Their characters were siblings to the lead character Alexander Cooper. Their relationship began in 2014.
Although she is relatively young and has not spent much time in the movie industry, Kerris Dorsey has made it big in the career path she has chosen. She has amassed quite a healthy net worth of about $4 Million and is showing no sign of resting on her oars. This means that in a few years, her fortune is bound to shoot up.
Quick Facts About Kerris Dorsey
1. Quite surprisingly she does not find the show Game of Thrones interesting as everyone else does and as a result, she does not follow the show and finds it quite annoying that her friends do and talk about it most of the time.
2. Kerris is a known lover of animals and pets as she has both a dog and cat. Her cat’s name is Fluffy.
3. Kerris Dorsey is into gymnastics and trains constantly, she has also claimed numerous awards in rhythmic gymnastics.
4. Dorsey is very skilled at accent imitations, she had to imitate a Boston accent for one of her movie roles. She got it right with the help of her mother who comes from Boston.
5. Although she is very active on social media, at some point, she had to take time away from it in order to live the real life. She was once on record saying that Instagram made her feel like trash so she deleted it but being kept out of the loop made her anxious so she had to reinstall it.
6. She is of English descent as her father’s great grand father was from the southern part of Sussex.