Back in 2007, Keralis opened a channel on YouTube but like most internet greats, he only used it for fun at first. With time, he decided to make something big out of the video-sharing platform and this led to the consistent upload of his Minecraft videos. Although he had a slow start, Keralis is now so popular in the Minecraft community that he has acquired his personal Minecraft server dubbed “World of Keralis”, among other milestones.
Keralis has also leveraged on his popularity to post other gameplay videos. Some of the genres he has explored are city-building and management games including Cities Skylines: Snowfall, RimWorld, Tropico 5, and SimCity. The gamer has also forayed into survival, simulation, and action-adventure games among which are The Forest, Ark: Survival Evolved, Euro Truck Simulator 2, The Sims 3, Dishonored, Destiny, Battlefield 4, as well as Watch Dogs to mention a few.
Keralis, whose real name has been revealed to be Arek Roman Lisowski, was born in his native country, Poland on April 30, 1980. When he communicates in English, traces of Polish and Swedish accents can be heard, some of which he acquired in his early years in Sweden where his family had relocated to and Poland, his native country.
His educational achievements are not public knowledge yet, he, however, put in some work time at a truck company in the logistics department. He probably launched his YouTube channel while with the company but went into the online business fulltime in 2013. The gamer and commentator is known for uploading mostly Minecraft “Let’s Play” videos. His first video on YouTube shows his skills in building a wooden hotel on Planet Minecraft, the piece also garnered major attention on the platform, making Keralis popular as the views on the video kept rising.
After honoring an invitation to the HermitCraft server, extended to him by its creator Generikb, Keralis realized there is much more he can do on YouTube. Thus, he focused on his gameplays and created more video contents. He also went beyond his Minecraft projects and explored the horizon in other popular games. With time, it was obvious he has a future in the gaming world and Keralis had to quit his job to give YouTube his undivided attention. That was in February 2013 and he has maintained a stronghold on his popularity in the field.
Although their identities are not known, Keralis’ parents have not been a supportive duo to their son. The reason for this is that they don’t understand what he does on YouTube as a career. On the other hand, he has a pillar of support in his wife. Referred to as “Wifey”, his wife has often appeared in his videos and even joins him in playing the games. She also had an account dubbed “Mrs_Keralis” on the HermitCraft server but she wasn’t an active user.
Keralis and his wife are parents to two sons, Damian and Kian; the family of four lives happily in Ystad, Sweden.
Facts About The YouTube Gamer
1. His online pseudonym (Keralis) is derived from a combination of letters in his first and last names. He first used it as his official moniker in the game World of Warcraft.
2. In addition to keeping his full name a secret for a while, Keralis also kept his face away from the public eye as he only did voice-over commentaries. All these changed when he attained fame and thus, made onscreen appearances to appreciate his fans who made it possible.
3. When his subscribers grew in number, Keralis quit his job and also uploaded some vlogs, mostly done in black and white. He did this after attaining a milestone of 50k, 100k, and 200k in the number of subscribers on his channel.
4. Asides his parents who are yet to wrap their heads around his career path, Keralis has a very supportive partner – his wife and the mother of his children, who often joins him in his gameplay videos.
5. On his channel known as Keralis, the YouTube gamer has been able to amass an impressive 1,858,926 subscribers and 406,303,324 views as at early April in 2019. These figures are bound to increase in the nearest future.