Jyoti Amge is considered a goddess in her homeland of India thanks to achondroplasia, a form of dwarfism she was born with that saw her make history as the world’s smallest woman alive. Jyoti measures 62.8 cm (2 ft 0.6 in) in height which is shorter than the average two-year-old child. Achondroplasia is a bone growth disorder that affects the changing of cartilage to bone. It prevents growth and changes particularly in the long bones of the arms and legs which in turn prevents anyone with the condition from growing taller. It limits the range of motion at the elbows, gives the sufferer a large head and small fingers but normal intelligence.
Just like any other regular child, Jyoti Amge attended school. However, her size brought with it its requirements, specifically a desk and a chair that was made just for her. She has also had other things custom-made for her, like her clothes and jewelry. Even her plates and utensils are specially made as normal-sized silverware is often too big for her to use. She has often complained that her biggest issue is being carried around because of her miniature size and having people treat her like a child, even though she is, in fact, a full-grown woman.
She first attained worldwide recognition back in 2009, when she appeared on Fuji TV’s Bikkuri Chojin 100 Special No. 2. Even with her small size, Jyoti Amge is not the shortest woman in the world’s history. Pauline Musters, born in the Netherlands on February 26, 1876, is known as the shortest woman ever recorded. She measured just 61cm (or 24 inches).
Facts Worthy of Note About Jyoti Amge
1. Jyoti Amge was born on December 16, 1993, in Nagpur, Maharashtra in India. Her parents are Kishanji Amge and Ranjana Amge. She grew up alongside four siblings; three sisters named Archana Amge, Rupali Amge, and Vaishali Amge, and a brother Satish Amge.
2. In November 2019, Burglars carted away cash and jewelry worth Rs 60,000 from the house of Jyoti Amge. They took advantage of the fact that the whole family traveled to the United States and struck the empty home. The theft in Jyoti Amge’s home in the Nandanvan area is reported to have taken place between 1 AM and 3:30 AM.
3. On December 16, 2011, she turned 18, at which point she was officially given the title of Shortest Living Woman by Guinness World Records. She was measured by orthopedic consultant Dr. Manoj Pahukar at the Wockhardt Superspeciality Hospital in her home city of Nagpur, and Guinness World Records adjudicator Rob Molloy was on hand to oversee proceedings.
4. In 2013, she posed for the 57th edition of The Guinness Book of World Records with the World’s Shortest Man Chandra Bahadur Dangi. This was a historic event because the World’s Shortest Man and Woman met for the first time ever.
5. In 2014, her dream of becoming an actress came to life when she got a role as Ma Petite in the fourth season of the American thriller TV show, American Horror Story. The show premiered on October 8, 2014, and she was honored for her role by the Russian International Horror Film Awards. She was one of the participants in the TV reality show Bigg Boss 6. She also has a wax statue in the Celebrity Wax Museum in Lonavala, a hill station in Pune district.
Who is Her Husband?
The internet went up in flames when news began circulating that Jyoti was a married woman. Considering her dwarfism, a lot of people no doubt became interested in who it was that caught her fancy so much she was willing to walk down the aisle with him. To add more spice, a single photo that showed Jyoti with an Indian man was posted on a lot of websites. A lot of people believed that was her husband and immediately started sending Jyoti congratulatory messages on social media. This, however, was just a hoax that she wasn’t happy about.
In 2017, Jyoti Amge filed an FIR (First Information Report) with the Cyber Crime Wing of the Nagpur Police against an individual in the US who had spread rumors on the internet that he got married to her. She clarified that she had met him while on her tour of the US and had no other relationship with him and that the man is misusing her photos.
Jyoti is currently single and has no kids. She focuses on her career as an international actress for now.