19 Kids and Counting is one of those TV shows that you don’t have to be a lover of TV to hear of. It is a reality TV series on TLC which looks at the lives of Jim Bob, his wife Michelle Duggar, and their 19 children. One of the kids is Joy-Anna Forsyth.
Like other members of her family, Joy-Anna is a media personality who came to fame thanks to the show. She also features on another reality show, Counting On, which before now was known as Jill & Jessa: Counting On, a spin-off of 19 Kids and Counting.
Joy-Anna Forsyth Biography
Also referred to as Joy Duggar Forsyth, Joy-Anna Forsyth was born on October 28, 1997, into the family of Jim Bob Duggar and Michelle Duggar. While her father is a real estate agent and politician who also doubles as a reality TV star, her mother is just a mother to her kids and a television star.
Joy-Anna was raised alongside 8 older siblings and 10 younger ones. Like her other siblings, she was home-schooled. The emphasis of the family when it comes to education is on the bible and sciences. It is not known, however, if she intends going to college most especially now that she is married and has started having children.
Since the TLC family show began in 2008, Joy-Anna has been a part of it. She evolved with it through 17 Kids and Counting, 18 Kids and Counting, and finally 19 Kids and Counting before its controversial end in 2015. In the same year, she became a part of Counting On which came after the first show and is now still running.
Among the many interesting things about Joy-Anna Forsyth, her family is probably the most interesting. At the same time, it is one of the most controversial families in the United States.
She is the 9th of the family’s 19 children and the fifth female. When her parents first got married in 1984, Jim and Michelle had no intention of having many children as they did not see themselves capable of providing for the kids. Because of this, they decided to use contraceptives but Michelle still got pregnant before suffering a miscarriage.
They were then told by their doctor that even with the pills, one could still get pregnant before later miscarrying it. Being Christians and regarding it as a sin, they prayed for forgiveness and decided never to use any contraceptives again. This became the result of their many kids including Joy-Anna.
When she was still a child, Joy-Anna attended a homeschooling conference where she met Austin Martyn Forsyth. At the time, she was only 5 while he was 8. She did not like him then but as they kept growing, she came to love him for his spirit of adventure.
It was until 2016 that they began dating. Months later, they got engaged and finally, they tied the knot in May 2017.
Only three months later, the two announced that they were expecting their first child together and then in 2018, their son, Gideon Martyn Forsyth was born. There were rumors in 2019 that Joy-Anna was pregnant with her second child, but there is still no confirmation to that.
Facts About The TV Personality
1. Christian Faith: Like all members of her family, she is also a dedicated Christian who is very active in her church. Most things about her revolve around Christianity including how she was brought up, her education, and everything else.
2. She is a talented singer: Although she does not sing professionally, Joy-Anna is a very talented singer who sings in her church. There is no indication for now if she wants to pursue a career in that direction.
3. Weight loss: Shortly before she got married, she lost some obvious weight for fans to see. In the start of 2019, she began promoting her weight loss plan on social media.
4. Net Worth: Joy-Ann and her husband, Austin Forsyth have a net worth that is estimated at around $700 thousand. She makes her fortune from the TV shows she has been a part of. Outside of this, she does not have any job as her religious views do not allow her to have a full-time job.
5. Height: A pretty woman, Joy-Anna Forsyth has a height of 5 feet 5 inches (1.65 m).