This actor has been around since the 1980’s when he starred in television series 21 Jump Street, and he has been keeping it real (or should we say interesting) since then. Popularly known for taking on oddball roles, Johnny Depp had become one of the leading men in the industry. Before we delve into the gist on Johnny Depp’s height and other measurements, here are some cool facts about the actor.
- For someone as eccentric as he is, you’s expect that he was born into a band of gypsies, Johny was actually born in Owensboro, Kentucky in 1963 to Betty Sue Palmer, a waitress, and John Christopher Depp, a civil engineer.
- OK, here is the weird part, he lived in about 20 different homes as a child, when he was young his family moved around a lot. They finally settled down in Miramar, Florida.
- Despite being the winner of a Golden Globe, a Screen Actors Guild Award and appearing in over 50 films, Johny Depp has never won an Oscar. Who hands out these things anyway, are they impaired?
- The actor is not an only child, in fact he is the fourth out of four. He has two sisters, Debbie and Christie, and a brother, Daniel.
- His first wife, Lori Anne Allison paved the way for him to become a star; she pulled a few strings and introduced him to Nicholas Cage. The rest is history.
- In 1999, the star was inducted into the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- To this day, Depp’s favorite characters to play have been Edward Scissorhands, Ed Wood and Captain Jack Sparrow
It’s time to reel it in before we get carried away, so without further ado, let’s check out his statistics beginning with Johnny Depp’s height.
Johnny Depp’s Height
He’s one of the most talented actors out there, but he’s not the tallest pea in the pod… if peas were tall. OK, let’s try that again, he’s not the tallest corn stalk on the corn field or the tallest Redwood tree in the forest. Now that we have the height analogies covered we can move onto Johnny Depp’s height.
The actor stands at 5 feet 10 inches, which is not bad considering that it’s the average American male height. As usual, there are a lot of people that would beg to differ and in a way the actor is not helping matters. Once when talking about his height, this is what he said.
‘I’m not the biggest guy in the world by any means — I’m only five-foot-eleven.’ Johnny, Johnny, Johnny, where did that one inch materialize from? While we are here accusing him of adding an inch, there are some who are accusing him of adding 4. Allegedly, Depp is only 5 feet 7 inches tall.
Here’s a list of some other well known personalities that stand as tall as the star. David Bowie, Harry Styles, Marlon Brando and Mick Jagger all share Johnny Depp’s height.
Johnny Depp’s Weight
We all know that Hollywood is a fitness farm, everyone tries their best to keep everything ‘tight’, on that note we would like to say that the 53 year old actor is definitely in great shape for someone his age. He has an average build and you bet he’s not lying on his back all day and letting his metabolism do all the work.
Here’s what the actor does to stay in such great shape; he was a vegetarian but eventually took it up a notch by becoming a vegan. He often practices yoga as well as Pilates and incorporates green tea into his diet. Also, no matter how hectic his schedule is, he never neglects his ‘gym time’.
Johnny works out at least 5 times a week, mostly so he can to enhance the suppleness of his body and make it more resilient. The actor’s weight fluctuates now and then when he is trying to get into character, you might have noticed his size in Pirates of the Caribbean and Dark Shadows. Otherwise, every other day Johnny Depp weighs 78 Kg.
Johny Depp’s Body Measurements
In addition to Johnny Depp’s height and weight, here is a straightforward summary of all of his body measurements.
Height: 5 feet 8 inches (1.78 m)
Weight: 78 Kg (172 pounds)
Chest size: 48 inches
Waist size: 34 inches
Biceps: 17 inches
Shoe size: US 10, Euro 43, UK 9.5