Joel Kinnaman is one of the popular and influential actors in the history of acting. He began his career in 1990 as a child actor with a role in the soap opera Storstad and later stepped away from acting after appearing in 22 episodes of the television show.
Kinnaman made a comeback in 2002, appearing in the thriller – The Invisible and later went on to appear in several Swedish movies. He had his career breakthrough in 2009 in the film I skuggan av varmen.
Joel is famed for his brilliant performances in more than 50 films and tv shows and for playing major roles in several blockbuster movies and shows.
Biography of Joel Kinnaman
Joel Kinnaman’s full name is Charles Joel Nordström Kinnaman. He was born on November 25, 1979, in Stockholm, Sweden. Born into a multiracial family, the actor is of Jewish descent on his mother’s side and Irish, Scottish, English, and German ancestry on his father’s side.
His parents are Bitte Kinnaman, a therapist, and Steve Kinnaman (formerly David Kinnaman) while his paternal grandparents are David H. Kinnaman and Rosalie L. Mitchell. The Swedish-American actor has five sisters including Leyla Belle Drake and actress Melinda Kinnaman (half-sister).
Joel attended a prestigious high school. In his senior year, he studied in Del Valle, in Texas after he was offered the opportunity to study as a high school exchange student for one year.
Shortly after his graduation from high school, he proceeded to the Swedish Academic School of Drama in Malmö to pursue a career in acting. He graduated in 2007.
Is he married? Who’s his wife?
Unlike most actors who ended up marrying someone in the entertainment industry, Joel Kinnaman is married to Cleo Wattenström, a prominent Swedish tattoo artist.
The Swedish American actor and his sweetheart began dating sometime in 2004 but made their debut appearance as a couple dating in August 2014. The pair’s relationship was first reported in the media in December 2014, stirring up a public interest in their private lives. Joel and Cleo tied the knot in April 2016 in San Vicente Boulevard at a place called Same Day Marriage and have been very supportive of each other since then.
Kinnaman’s wife was born on June 12, 1992, in Belgium. Her skills and love for drawing drove her into drawing tattoos. While growing up, she spent a good number of years moving around the world with her family before they finally settled down in Stockholm, Sweden.
Stockholm, then 14-years-old Cleo, began an apprenticeship and would later develop an interest in tattoo artistry. The beautiful tattoo artist currently lives in Venice, California, with her husband while her office is located in Southern California.
Prior to their marriage, Joel Kinnaman previously dated actress Olivia Munn from 2012 to 2014 and actress Jane Timglas, whom he met on the set of Snabba Cash. The relationship began in 2009 and ended in 2011.
His net worth
Joel Kinnaman is famed for starring in several hit films, which many believe, puts a lot of money in his pocket. Suicide Squad, which is considered one of his best films, was released in 2016 and grossed around $747 million. In 2014, the film – RoboCop – which he starred in, is said to have made a box office sales of $53.4 million across the world.
The Easy Money actor’s fortune is valued at $6 million, which he supposedly made from his several roles in films and television shows. At the moment, the exact amount he earns annually is not known but we believe it’s sizeable and befitting.
His height and body measurements
Actor Joel is currently one of the actors with the most amazing physical looks and body build. His height is put at 6 ft 2½ in or 189 cm while his body weight is approximately 92 kg or 203 pounds.
Here are details of his body measurements:
Chest: 47 in or 117 cm
Arms/Biceps: 16 in or 41 cm
Waist: 35 in or 89 cm
Hair colour: Light Brown
Eye Color: Green
Quick facts about the actor
1. Joel Kinnaman has a house valued at $2.8 million in Los Angeles and another one in Venice worth $3.8 million.
2. Joel and his wife often travel around the world together. Cities they’ve visited include South Africa, Cuba, and Dubai.
3. The A-lister is very active on social media. On Twitter, he has 43.1K followers and 573K followers on Instagram.
4. The actor’s wife, Cleo, always accompanies him to movie premieres. In 2016, the lovebirds attended a dinner at the White House together.
5. His sun sign is Sagittarius.
6. Joel’s career is managed by Magnolia Entertainment and a Stockholm-based agency called Agentfirman planthaber kildén.
7. The actor is a multilinguist. He is fluent in English, Danish, Swedish and Norwegian.
8. His favourite city is New York.
9. In 2014, Joel Kinnaman was featured on the cover of Men’s Fitness magazine. He also did a TV commercial for the mega designer brand – H&M.
10. The Swedish American actor and actress Noomi Rapace are schoolmates. They attended the same high school.
11. He was a chess player. It appears he dumped the board game for acting.
12. While growing up, Kinnaman used to communicate with his father in English language and his mother in Swedish.