A lot of people have managed to find different things that would help them make a living and be famous. For Jessica Vanessa, it started with making video skits, comedy, and then dancing and twerking on social media. She has generated a lot of interest since becoming a viral individual thanks to her Instagram posts and videos. Here are things you need to know about her:
Jessica Vanessa’s Biography and Family Life
The social media celebrity was born in Orlando Florida as Jessica Vanessa DeLeon on April 13, 1992. She was raised alongside her brother Joshua, who helps her in the making of her videos.
While there is very little that is known about her family, she has enjoyed their support as she keeps doing what she does, most especially her twerking, including her grandmother whom she describes as wild and crazy. That stated, it is her father, Raphael Deleon who has a little reservation for what she does since he believes many people will see it as inappropriate. Still, he gives her the necessary support.
Of Puerto Rican descent, while growing up Jessica would watch different music videos for fun and soon she began learning more and more dance steps, without any inclination that it may someday be her source of wealth and fame.
She first began posting videos on Vine even before she introduced twerking into her dealings. At the time, she concentrated on making comedy skits before she later went for dancing. Her first skit introducing the dance was in How to clean your room and wop. While it wasn’t one of her biggest on YouTube, it enjoyed massive sharing on Tumblr and views on Vine.
Having spent a number of years entertaining many in her own way, Vanessa has close to 120 thousand subscribers on YouTube, close to 3 million followers on Vine, and over a million followers on Instagram.
Jessica Vanessa makes her money from the videos she makes on her social media as well as YouTube. Thanks to these, she gets paid to promote products and services online by different companies. Also, she makes money from people paying her to promote their songs.
That pointed out, her exact net worth is still unknown, but she is doing good for herself.
- Probably because of the way she dances, you may not believe it, but she grew up a very shy kid who was never comfortable dancing in front of others. Nevertheless, the people she started hanging out with as she grew helped her to be more outgoing.
- You will come to see people claim that all she does is twerking online. That is not true as she makes different dance videos and funny ones as well. It was, however, with twerking that she started.
- She is able to make in 6 seconds through her videos what it took her four months to make as a kindergarten worker.
- Jessica Vanessa DeLeon loves working with kids, but she decided to give it up because it doesn’t pay anything significant. So she left it for the social network which pays her overwhelmingly more.
- When she began on Vine, Jessica only had 20 followers. Soon, however, she joined in a contest organized by a vine celebrity known as Eric Dunn who happened to like the video she made. With that, she got to quickly rise to two thousand followers within days. The rest was the story of her hard work which paid off a year later.
- She first came to light when she was reported in the media as the girl that left her teacher’s assistant job only to become a professional twerker. She became more interesting to the media after she revealed how she was able to get out of debts and pay her school loan and also buy a car that she paid for in full thanks to her dances on social media.
- It hasn’t been a very smooth ride for her as she suffered a couple of breakdowns which made her almost delete her social media accounts. This was mostly as a result of some mean comments and attacks she got from people who saw her as a whore for twerking. She revealed that it brought much sadness to her but she was able to rise above it.
- No, Jessica Vanessa doesn’t think she will go back to the classroom as she doesn’t miss working from 9 to 5.