Jeon Jungkook is a multilingual South Korean singer-songwriter and record producer under the boy band Big Hit Music (BTS). He joined BTS after its officials saw his performance at an audition for the South Korean talent show ‘Superstar K’. Although he wasn’t picked for the show, several companies offered him a spot to work with them and he chose BTS. Although he has been romantically linked to a few women in the past, Jeon is currently single.
In twenty-first-century Korea, there has been a rise in the genre of music that has come to be known as K-Pop. This genre is characterized by girl and boy groups whose music a very reminiscent of the early 90s R&B music.
BTS, a boy group made up of seven members, is one of the biggest of such groups in the country and the Asian continent with their record sales of over fifteen million copies of their songs. Jeon Jungkook is one of the seven members of the all-boy band and is a contributor to the success that the group enjoys today. Here’s everything to know about the star whose net worth now runs in millions.
Summary of Jeon Jungkook’s Biography
- Full name: Jeon Jung-kook
- Nickname: Jeon Jungkookie
- Gender: Male
- Date of birth: September 1, 1997
- Place of Birth: Busan, South Korea
- Jeon Jungkook’s Age:25 Years Old
- Ethnicity: Asian
- Nationality: South Korean
- Zodiac Sign: Virgo
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
- Religion: Christianity
- Marital Status: Single
- Siblings: One older brother
- Jeon Jungkook’s Height in Inches: 70
- Jeon Jungkook’s Height in Centimetres: 177.8
- Jeon Jungkook’s Weight: 70 kg
- Jeon Jungkook’s Net worth: $20 Million
- Famous for: Being the youngest member and vocalist of the South Korean boy band BTS
- Jeon Jungkook’s Instagram: jungkook.97
- Twitter: @kookpiics
- Facebook: Jungkook
How Jeon Jungkook Became A Member of BTS
For a lot of stars, a career in entertainment was something they imagined would happen to them and the same goes to Jungkook who wanted to play badminton professionally when he grew up. The singer/songwriter was born Jeong-guk in Busan, South Korea on the 1st of September, 1997. He grew up in Busan but when he started to take his music career seriously he had to leave Busan. He is the second child of his parents with the first being an elder brother.
He received his high school education at Baek Yang Middle school and also attended Seoul School of Performing Arts and graduated in 2017. Although his career in music has been very successful as he is one of the biggest stars that Korea can boast of, he still found a way to pursue a university education and this he does at the Global Cyber University.
His love for music started when he saw a performance of the song Heartbreaker by G-Dragon. Due to that performance, he shunned his badminton dreams and decided that he was going to have a career in music.
K-Pop has defining elements that contribute to its existence as an industry and one of these elements is the training schools. Every artist that has broken out on the K-pop scene had to go through rigorous processes were they trained to be better singers, dancers, and overall media sensations. However, before the training begins, auditions are held by either entertainment companies or talent shows.
Having chosen K-pop, his musical career began when he took part in an audition known as Superstar K3 at age 13. For a lot of K-Pop stars, their first introduction to fame was through music before they diversify their skills to include acting and modeling, the same goes for Jeon Jungkook.
Even though he was not selected for not being an emotional dancer, his musical talents earned him offers from 8 talent agencies. The singer picked Big Hit Entertainment but needed to work on his dancing to excel in the industry.
On this note, he moved to Los Angeles in 2012. While there he trained in dance with Movement Lifestyle and other types of dances. In that same year, he appeared as a backup dancer in two music videos. After obviously improving his skill, Jeon Jungkook returned to Korea.
June of 2013 was when he had his debut as a member of the band. This debut was commemorated with the single 2 Cool 4 Skool.
The artist who was nicknamed Maknae for being the youngest of the brand has since become one of the most famous names in Korean entertainment. He is also the lead vocalist and dancer of the group as well as its sub-rapper. Beyond this, he co-writes and co-produces songs, and also collaborates with other talents in Korea such as Jo Kwon to come up with some of the finest hits. His musical career has also seen him tour around different countries with his bandmates.
Jungkook has also gathered some TV credits for himself including Flower Crew reality show and directing a number of TV projects such as Special MC in Music Core, Flower Boy Bromance, National Idol Singing Contest, among others.
Does Jeon Jungkook Have A Girlfriend?
As already stated, BTS is one of the more successful boy groups in Korea and because of this, they have a very large fanbase. This means that their music is listened to by a large group of people, a group that transcends the Asian continent.
Their concerts are also packed to maximum capacity with millions of their fans in attendance. This exposure has opened up the members of the group to inquiry and speculations about their personal lives, including their romantic pursuits.
There have been many questions about Jeon Jungkook’s relationships in particular with fans itching to know if he has gotten into a romantic relationship and who he is dating. Well, sorry to pop your bubble, Jungkook is currently single. He is not dating anyone right now.
However, in the past, it has been speculated that he was dating several people. At one time it was believed that Jeong Ye who is a member of Lovelyz was in a relationship with him. Jung Chae Yeon from DIA was also believed to have dated him and in 2015 there was a rumor that Jungkook was dating Ko So-Hyun, who was a trainee under CUBE. None of this has been confirmed and as far as the truth goes, Jungkook has always been single.
Quick Facts About The BTS Star Singer
1. Jeon Jungkook was named Korea’s 8th most loved celebrity of the year in a 2018 survey conducted by Gallup Korea. In 2017, he placed the 18th, and in 2016, he was the 20th.
2. The Korean dancer loves food prepared with flour. His favorites are bread and pizza.
3. His favorite sport is soccer. He also loves drawing and playing games.
4. Besides singing, and dancing, he is also good at Taekwondo and his favorite color is black.
5. A multi-linguist, Jeon Jungkook fluently speaks Japanese, Korea, and English.
6. He has a knack for tattoos and wouldn’t mind becoming a tattoo artist someday.
7. His nickname is Jeon Jungkookie.
8. He considers G-Dragon as his role model and musical influence. He had wanted to pursue a career in Badminton but later changed his mind after listening to G-Dragon in high school.
9. The name of his dog is Cloud.
10. Jeon Jungkook’s favorite subjects are music, art, and physical education.
11. He made it to the list of Top 100 Most Handsome Faces of 2017. He was named the 13th person on the list.
12. Jeon is a Christian.
13. His sexuality is straight.