Jennie Pegouskie is best known as Ed Sheeran’s date at the 2017 MTV Video Music Awards. She is also known to have appeared in the pop singers’ video Shape Of You, wherein she featured as the lead model. She was initially hired to work as the video’s production assistant but she ended up taking the lead role after the girls who were invited for audition failed to meet the auditioning team’s standard.
Though many people consider Jennie as a newcomer in the showbiz, she’s no stranger to the camera as widely speculated. She is said to have toured with Grammy award-winning American hip-hop duo from Seattle – rapper Macklemore and producer Ryan Lewis.
In addition to acting and dancing, she banks as a model as well and this obviously makes her an entertainment expert. In this article, you’ll get to know more about the multi-talented star.
Jennie Pegouskie Biography, Nationality and Ethnicity
Jennie was born Jennie Pegouskie Bentot on August 14, 1988, in Seattle, Washington. She is an American by nationality and belongs to mixed ethnicity. Some sites reported that she could be of Blasian ethnic origin. A person of Blasian origin is someone that is mixed with Caucasian and Black Asian races.
So far, Pegouskie is yet to reveal the name of her parents, siblings, and relations. Despite her sudden and unexpected rise to stardom, she has successfully kept information about her private life under wraps.
Nevertheless, we gathered that she studied at the University of Washington, where she majored in communication and marketing. She graduated in the year 2010. At the moment, the name of her high school is not known but it is believed that it’s located in her birthplace where she is presumed to have spent her early days.
Jennie’s Family Life
Just like the details about her family members are kept secret, it is difficult to tell if the dancing queen is dating or not. Though some sites linked her to Kamel Bentot, the rumour is yet to be verified since the two are yet to confirm if they are in a romantic relationship or not. For now, Pegouskie has no documented relationships, she is not known to have dated any guy in the past. The dancer has never been married before neither does she have any children.
Career and Rise To Fame
As a child, Jennie knew she was meant to be in the entertainment industry. She began her journey to stardom by honing her dancing skills, after which she started performing at public events. She went on to perform in several theatre productions with her high school and University’s dancing teams.
Jennie scored her first gig in 2010 at the Seattle-based real estate firm – Blanton Turner – as a marketing assistant. She left the firm after one year and seven months to join Team Foster at Avenue Properties as its marketing manager. She worked at the firm for over three years and after which she was moved up to the position of the director of marketing. She has been in the position since 2016 to date.
Quick Facts About The Dancer
1. In addition to dancing, acting, modelling, Jennie Pegouskie is also good at martial arts and she has her flexible body to thank for her excellence in the combat practice.
2. She has visited more than 30 countries.
3. The dancer’s fortune is valued at $1 million, though this figure is yet to be verified. It is believed that she makes a large sum of money from modelling, acting, dancing, and other endeavours.
4. The dancer stormed the 2017 MTV Music Video Awards which took place in Los Angeles together with respected singer Ed Sheeran. This left many tongues wagging, with many wondering if the two are dating.
5. Pegouskie has made several appearances at top-notch shows. Her talent has taken her to places including appearing in the following top-rated shows – The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel Live, and The Ellen Show among others.
6. As it is common with most celebrities, Jennie loves engaging her fans on the following social media sites – Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. She has over 70k followers on her Instagram account and enjoys a large following on Twitter and Facebook as well.
7. Her sexual orientation is straight.