Straight out of Compton, eh? Fun fact, Ice Cube was the only member of N.W.A who is not from Compton, California, where it was formed. In the light of that, before we check out Ice Cube’s height, weight and body measurements, let us take a look at some more fun facts about the rapper himself.
- He was born O’Shea Jackson on June 15, 1969 to Doris, a hospital clerk and custodian, and Hosea Jackson, who worked as a groundskeeper at UCLA and a machinist.
- If he did not choose a musical career he would have been an architect. The artist has a degree in architectural drafting. Here’s what he has to say in relation to that, ‘ If you want me to draw you a house I can draw you a house; I don’t know if it’s gonna be livable [though].’ So you know who is NOT drawing a plan for your house.
- In the 1990’s, he converted to Islam, but these days it’s quite unclear which religious denomination he falls under.
- He got his nickname/stage name, Ice Cube, from his older brother and there’s a pretty ‘cool’ story behind it too. Apparently, he would try to hit on girls calling the house for his brother when he was younger. From that moment his brother started calling him Ice Cube because he was too cool for his own age.
- Like most celebrities nowadays, Ice had his own clothing line. It is called, Solo by Cube and features many types of clothing. The most innovative by far are his hooded sweatshirts with built in headphones in the hood strings.
- Two of his four children are following in is ‘rapping’ footsteps. O’Shea, Jr. (born in 1991) and Darrell (born in 1992) both got the musical gene from their dad.
Let’s check out before we get a little too carried away beginning with the topic of Ice Cube’s height.
Ice Cube’s Height
Since we first saw him grace our TV screens, it’s been more than evident that the star is pretty much on the short side. He stands at 5 feet and 8 inches, which is below the average male american height of 5 feet 9 inches. We can say that he narrowly missed the bar there.
He is not alone when it comes to short male MC’s out there, the list is quite long actually. Plies is said to be between 5 foot 5- 5 foot 6, Nas is 5 foot 7, Lil Wayne is 5 foot 5, Ludacris is 5 foot 7 and Too Short is actually not as short as some of these guys at 5 foot 7 inches.
Nevertheless, there are some who think Ice Cube could be up to 5 foot 10, especially after he starred in Ride Along with Kevin Hart. Well done, Kevin, if anyone can make other people look taller, it’s you. Don’t get us wrong though, we love us some Kevin Hart, though he is short his talent is dunking hoops out there with Yao Ming.
Now it’s time to check out a few notable personalities who stand as tall as Ice Cube. Eminem, Rihanna, Kanye West, Sean Penn and Anne Hathaway all share Ice Cube’s height.
Ice Cube’s Weight
Ice cube has a slightly heavy frame and we have the figures to prove it. The star weighs 88 kilograms and he wears each kg proudly and properly. Do not be mistaken, he is not fat, just quite built. He does not follow any particular work out or diet plans to maintain his size on a normal basis, but he did tone up for his XXX movie.
In the movie, he plays the role of a triple-X agent for the NSA. At first, people, being the curious kittens that they are, were a little skeptical about his sudden toned up body but later learned that he had intense workouts for 5 and a half months for his movie role.
The workouts included boxing, lifting weights, intense running and some Thai workouts and hand combat techniques.
Ice Cube’s Body Measurements
In addition to Ice Cube’s height and weight, here is a summary of all his body measurements.
Height: 5 feet 8 inches
Weight: 88 kilograms
Body type: Athletic
Body fat percentage: 27%
Body Measurements: Undisclosed
Feet/Shoe size: US 10, EU 43, UK 9.5