When mentioning the big names in the wrestling industry, it would be considering a cardinal sin not to mention this guy’s name. Not only has he made his mark in the industry, he has also successfully carved a niche for himself in showbiz and business as a whole. Before we delve into the topic of Hulk Hogan’s height and other measurements, let’s take a few moments to check out some facts about the wrestler himself.
- He was born Terrence ‘Terry’ Gene Bollea on 11 August 1953. It may sound strange to find out that his actual name is Terry, but can you blame the guy. You do not exactly build a tough guy reputation like his with a name like Terry.
- His on screen persona, Hulk Hogan and Terry Bollea have learnt how to co exist in perfect harmony. Terry Bollea is a business man, while Hulk Hogan is his on-screen persona.
- He is currently one of the most requested celebrities for the make-a-wish-foundation; he sees at least 2-3 kids a week.
- Hulk was a big kid… at the age of 12 he was already 6 feet tall and he weighed 195 lbs. Talk about a recipe for an awkward childhood. In addition to being an unusually big for his age, Hulk was an excellent baseball player, a bassist and a championship junior bowler.
- There has only ever been one wrestling superstar to grace the cover of Sports Illustrated and if you haven’t guessed who it is by now, it’s Hulk Hogan. It was a 1985 edition and since then he’s still been the only one.
- He was not always, Hulk Hogan, before that he had another stage name. People referred to him as The Super Destroyer. No doubt he was grateful for the trade up.
- There has been a long running dispute between Hogan, WWE, and Marvel with respect to who exactly owns the rights to the name ‘Hulk Hogan’.
- He is as superstitious as they come, Hulk does not fly unless he is putting on red underwear. Yes, you heard us right, but there’s a ‘logical’ reason behind that. He has survived two plane crashes and on both occasions he was wearing red underwear. Since then, the wrestler does not use air travel without it.
As much as we wish they could, these facts cannot keep coming, we have to attend to the topic an hand beginning with Hulk Hogan’s height.
Hulk Hogan’s height
There is no doubt that the wrestler is a mountain of a man, you do not need any form of visual aids to establish that fact. These days though, he is known as the Incredible shrinking Hulk. He’s lost at least three inches of height due to surgeries over the years.
He has had neck surgeries, back surgeries, hip surgeries, knee surgeries, as well as a curved spine from decades of wrestling. All this and old age has made the wrestler a shadow of his old self. He was practically a demi god back in the day with a height of 6 feet 8 inches. These days the wrestler and entrepreneur stands at least at 6 feet 4-5 inches tall.
We are not quite sure which of his height’s to compare with other celebrities, but we are leaning more towards his previous height of 6 feet 8 inches, it would be very interesting to know other people who are as freakishly tall as Hulk once was.
LeBron James, Scottie Pippen, Katie Feenstra, Daniel Cudmore and Phil Jackson all share Hulk Hogan’s height. Well it’s interesting to find out that the world is not lacking in really tall people.
See also: Lebron James Age, Shoe Size and Facts
Hulk Hogan’s Weight
Just as the basket ballers are usually tall, wrestlers are usually very heavy men and Hulk Hogan is not an exception to that prerequisite. According to the The Sportster, most of the greats have been at least 250 pounds and on many occasions, a whole lot more than that.
They also pointed out that, even at 300 pounds, the weight of an average football lineman, a wrestler isn’t considered overly huge. That’s the category that Hulk Hogan falls into with his 302 pounds (137 kilograms). Despite the fact that his wrestling day may be long behind him, the star still has a routine.
He sums it all up into 3 basic things, ‘ Come down to the gym for an hour and a half every day, use light weights and try to be consistent with eating good food.’
Hulk Hogan’s Body Measurements
In addition to Hulk Hogan’s height and weight, here is a summary of all his body measurements.
Height: 6 feet 8 inches (before), 6 feet 4-5 inches
Weight: 137 kilograms (302 pounds)
Chest: 58 inches (147 cm)
Waist: 37 inches (94 cm)
Biceps: 24 inches (61 cm)
Shoe Size: 12 US, 47 EU, 11.5 UK