Can you remember Hugh Jackman before he was Wolverine? Neither can we, there’s a chance that he didn’t even exist before that movie… we kid. Well, we obviously need to get some facts about the actor straight, so before we check out Hugh Jackman’s height, weight and his body measurements, here are a few facts about him.
- He was born on 12 October 1968, in Sydney to Grace McNeil (née Greenwood) and Christopher John Jackman.
- He was raised solely by his father, as his parents separated when he was eight and his mother moved back to England.
- Hugh didn’t always want to go down the acting path, he was actually studying to be a journalist at the University of Technology in Sydney. In his senior year, he took a drama theory class and the rest was history. Soon after, he started taking classes in the Western Australian Academy of Arts.
- He truly started from the bottom before he attained his fame; at some point in his life he worked as a gas station attendant and a birthday party clown.
- He’s not the only one enjoying the fame that his role as Wolverine brought him, apparently his son uses him to pick up girls… three words, ‘best wingman ever’.
- He wears contacts, but not for cosmetic reasons, Hugh is terribly near-sighted and has extremely blurry vision when he isn’t putting them on.
- We can all agree that his role in 2000’s X-Men was his break out role, well, he was actually a last minute addition to the cast. Dougray Scott was originally cast as Wolverine but he had to leave to film two extra months worth of shooting for Mission: Impossible 2.
- He has Russell Crowe to thank for his role as Wolverine, after the Gladiator actor turned down the role, he personally recommended Jackman to director Bryan Singer for the part.
- Acting is not the only talent he has up his sleeve, the star loves to sing and he especially loves to showcase that talent at his friend’s weddings. Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban can testify to that.
As interesting as the star is, we did promise to throw some light on his body statistics, so let’s get started with Hugh Jackman’s height.
Hugh Jackman’s Height
Unlike, the star you do not need any visual aids to see that he is a tall hunk of male perfection, it’s obvious. The star stands tall and proud at 6 feet 2 inches. Speculations about the star’s height have been so rampant that they actually got back to him and here is what he had to say in retort.
‘ If someone’s going to spend their time saying, ‘You’re really not 6′ 2″; you’re 5′ 10″,’ I’ll tell them once, ‘I am 6′ 2″.’ Then, whatever you want to believe, it’s up to you. Am I going to waste energy going, ‘I’m so mad that this person says I’m 5′ 10″?’ We really only get mad when there’s an element of truth, right?’
In more Hugh Jackman’s height related news, the star is a misinterpretation of the Wolverine character in the comics as he stands well above Wolverine who is actually only 5 feet 5 inches tall, the fans don’t seem to mind though and some even like the twist that he has put on the character.
Though he may be taller than the ‘actual’ Wolverine, here is a list of notable personalities who share Hugh Jackman’s height. Donald Trump, Steve Jobs, Will Smith and Mitt Romney all stand as tall as the star.
Hugh Jackman’s Weight
Again, no visual aid is needed to see that he is in some pretty good shape, 82 kilograms has never looked so good. For someone over the age of 40, we have to give it to him, some 20 years olds are nowhere near the perfection that he dishes out. It didn’t happen overnight though, the star worked hard for his body.
He has his role in X-men as Wolverine to thank for his drastic body transformation, of course he always had the makings of a great body but this was something else. There was a change in his size and shape as a whole, with ample muscle definition.
To achieve this, the star mostly did a lot of big lifts, bench presses, barbell rows, heavy barbell lunges and squats, among other things. We can openly say that it paid off quite well.
Hugh Jackman’s Body Measurements
In addition to Hugh Jackman’s height and weight, here is a summary of his body measurements.
Height: 6 feet 2 inches
Weight: 82 kg
Body Type: Muscular
Chest Size: 46 inches
Biceps: 16 inches
Waist: 34 inches
Feet/ Shoe Size: US 12, EU 45, UK 11.5