It is certainly no easy feat to be considered a ‘Woke Bae’. In this day and age, woke and bae are two rather complimentary terms. Where woke refers to the ability of someone to have the right attitude and perspective on social issues, bae is an endearment that is akin to darling.
So, just how did Hasan Piker become the internet’s Woke Bae? Read on to find that out and other interesting details about the internet sensation.
Hasan Piker Bio – Age
Hassan Piker was born on the 25th of July, 1991 and as such is currently 27 years old. He has made a name for himself as an entertainment and political journalist from Turkey and, has become very well known for hosting videos on “The Young Turks” youtube channel.
Mr. Piker was born in Istanbul, Turkey and the ‘woke’ blood certainly seems to run in his family. He has as an uncle, Cenk Uygur, a columnist, political commentator and activist. Cenk Uygur is one of the co-founders of “The Young Turks” (TYT) which is an American political commentary web series. Uygur is also a co-founder of the associated TYT Network.
Back to his nephew, Hasan Piker graduated from Rutgers University in New Jersey in 2013. He left with a B.A. in Political Science and Communication and proceeded to the University of Miami where he got a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Business Administration and Management, General. His educational background seems to have prepared him to be one of the most knowledgeable political commentators online.
Is He Gay?
Hasan Piker is not gay although he does not seem to be in any heterosexual relationship now. Many started thinking he’s gay after an analogy he made about being a gay commentator. But, the man was only making an illustration for a clarity of the sentiment he was expressing.
It all started when he was questioned about his behavior towards Tomi Lahren who he was hitting on in his videos, asking her to send him a DM. His response was:
“…I don’t think my treatment of Tomi Lahren has been sexist. If I were a gay commentator and found conservative male pundits attractive, I’d ask Tucker Carlson on a date…”
He went on to ask if that would be considered as sexist and hinted that the notion of his sexist behavior towards Lahren was based on the “pre-established patriarchal social dynamic” of women not being equal to men.
This illustration can barely be taken to mean that Hasan Piker is gay and since he is not married and is apparently, currently, single; quite a number of ladies can thank their stars.
Hasan Piker’s Height And Other Facts
1. Woke bae, full name, Hasan Dogan Piker stands at 6 feet 4 inches (1,93 m).
2. He lives in Los Angeles, California.
3. Speaks 3 Languages fluently – Turkish, German and English.
4. Works at the YouTube channel series Pop-Crunch as an on-air host for “The Young Turks”. The Young Turks is a “leftist” online news show which has nearly 3.5 million subscribers and more than two billion views.
5. Prior to working as the host, he began as an advertiser and the producer of the show.
6. He has also worked as the company’s business manager.
7. His videos provide a detailed analysis of the top news stories of the day.
8. “The Breakdown” is the name of the show he hosts on TYT.
9. He is a regular contributor to Buzzfeed and TMZ’s TooFab where one can see videos of him speaking about the best and worst dressed stars of the week.
10. He is a contributor for “The Huffington Post” where he regularly writes political columns.
11. While studying at Rutgers University he was very active on campus; a member of the Theta Delta Chi fraternity and participating in Rutgers Club Basketball.
12. He worked in the short film “Inherent Greed” (2016).
13. Woke bae has a Facebook page, as well as an Instagram and Twitter accounts. In fact, his activity on these platforms has also drawn a lot of attention to his political views and is part of the reason why he earned the title of woke bae.
14. He also has Snapchat and has declared that Snapchat may become the main entertainment platform of his generation. He is very popular across these social media platforms, having more than 200k followers on Facebook despite being more active on twitter where he writes every day about a wide variety of topics.