Professionally, Gina Holden started acting in 2002 but as early as when she was just a five-year-old child, she was already a performer. She took part in a figure skating exhibition around that time and also participated in all the school plays and talent shows she could get a hint of. From as far back as her early school days, there was no doubt that the big screen was her life calling and she has since achieved fame doing what she loves.
Her first attraction to the performing arts came through dance which she made the most of in every aspect. She also had her stint in modeling before settling with the acting industry.
Who is Gina Holden and How Old is She?
The Canadian actress was born on March 17, 1975, in the little town of Smithers, located in British Columbia, Canada. Her family often moved around when she was growing up and each time they did, she would comb her new environment for opportunities to keep honing her skills as a performer. She started performing as a figure skater at the age of 5 and later added ballet, tap, modern and musical theatre to her resume. At fifteen, she took to the modeling industry after being scouted by an agency. The contract she signed with the agency saw her jet off to Japan where she made her second home. Her new terrain inspired her to learn the Japanese language and culture.
For a while, modeling seemed to be the best job she could have as she excelled in it, appearing on numerous magazine covers. However, the love for acting kept calling and she eventually heeded the call when she returned to North America and enrolled in acting classes. In spite of, or perhaps as a result of the negative vibes she got with people telling her she couldn’t make it in acting, Gina Holden went ahead to defy the odds and become very successful in the craft.
Some of the films she has appeared in include Final Destination 3 (2006), Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem (2007), Saw 3D (2010), and Sand Sharks, the latter which she also produced in 2011, among many others. In her television career, shows like Reunion (2005), Da Vinci’s City Hall (2005-2006), Blood Ties (2007-2008), and Flash Gordon (2007-2008) take center stage among numerous others.
She has not only enjoyed the perks that come with show business which is basically money and fame, but Gina Holden has also found inner joy and fulfillment in her craft and how much she has been able to touch other people’s lives in a positive way.
Who are Her Family Members?
The identities of Gina Holden’s parents and other family members are not public knowledge but it appears her folks traveled around a lot while she was growing which was one of the things that helped her hone her performing skills from a young age. It also helped her get an early start in the entertainment industry which has always been at any performer’s advantage.
Personally, Gina Holden is not married just but she is in a committed long-term relationship with James Eiswerth and together, they have a child; a son whom they named Max Holden Eiswerth. He was born on 29th August 2017. Although Gina and her beau are yet to make things official, they seem happy just enjoying the lives they have. Admittedly, there’s no controversy trailing their relationship.
Other Facts About Gina Holden
1. Holden is a Canadian-born actress but has recorded immense success in Hollywood. So far, she has appeared in more than twenty films and over thirty projects in the television department.
2. Despite all the fame and success that she has garnered in the entertainment industry, Gina takes more pride in engaging in charity works. She often volunteers to help the less fortunate people including the physically and mentally challenged.
3. She also helps bullied teen girls get their confidence and self-esteem back to enable them to survive any pressure from their peers.
4. Fire and Rain by James Taylor and Won’t Back Down by Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers are some of her favorite songs while in the movie section, she loves Running on Empty (1988), Dogfight (1991), and Good Will Hunting (1997).
5. Gina Holden has an average height that measures 5 ft 6½ in (1.69 m) and spots stunning blue eyes as her trademark feature.