It is over two decades now since Kate Mara hit the screens and somehow, it seems like there is still much more for her. She is an actress and a fashion model who has appeared in works such as House of Cards, American Horror Story: Murder House, and Fantastic Four. Inasmuch as she is someone that almost anyone can easily recognize for her TV and movie roles, here are some things not everyone knows about her.
Kate Mara Facts
1. Born on February 27, 1983, Kate Rooney Mara in Bedford, New York, the actress is the second of four children; Daniel, Rooney Mara, and Conor. She is of Iris, German, French, British, and Italian descent.
2. Inasmuch as both Kate and her sister, Rooney Mara would come to become famous for their acting skills, they were born into a sporting family. Their great-grandfathers Tim Mara and Art Rooney, Sr. founded the New York Giants and Pittsburgh Steelers respectively. The businesses have remained with the families ever since and their father, Timothy Christopher Mara is both an NFL scout and the vice president of the New York Giants.
Kate has a very large family with 22 aunts and uncles as well as 40 cousins.
3. Growing up in a billionaire family, Kate began acting when she was just 9. She attended a musical school and then different theatre-arts schools to sharpen herself. Like many others, she started by appearing in school plays and community theater before getting to hit the screen.
4. Her first appearance on screen was in an episode of Law & Order in 1997, followed by Joe the King and Random Hearts both in 1999. She would go on to appear in over 50 productions such as Shooter (2007), Transsiberian (2008), Stone of Destiny (2008), Megan Leavey (2017) and Chappaquiddick (2018). She also appeared in Jack & Bobby (2005) and Moonbeam City (2015). She got a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series for her role in House of Cards in 2014.
It is only once that Kate Mara and Rooney Mara would act together, and that was in a play.
5. She may be an actress, but Mara has described herself as someone who is very shy. Because of that, she did not have many friends while growing up. In fact, she revealed that she only had a single friend.
6. In 2017, Kate Mara got married to English actor and dancer, Jamie Bell. Even though the two appeared in Fantastic Four together, they had met 10 years prior to that. Their first meeting was when they did a screen test together for a role that neither of them later got. At the time, they were supposed to kiss and the kiss from the man that she would come to marry more than 12 years later was memorable enough for her to later tell her mum how much of a good kisser he was.
Before Jamie, the actress dated a few other men including film producer McG between 2006 and 2008, Charlie Cox in 2008, and British actor Max Minghella from 2010 to 2014. There were also rumors that claimed she once dated Justin Long.
7. Kate and Jamie Bell met again in 2014, but this time around they started a relationship that would end in a marriage 2017.
8. Kate Mara who now lives in both Manhattan and Los Angeles with her husband is an animal lover. She is also a vegan and has revealed that it is thanks to working out and her vegan diet that she is able to keep fit. Her husband, however, is a non-vegan. She became a vegan after reading Kimberly Snyder’s The Beauty Detox Solution.
9. A very beautiful woman who is also a model, Kate is not the tallest woman one would get to meet. She has a height of 5 feet 3 inches (160 cm) and a body weight of 52 kg (115 pounds). With Red hair color and light brown eyes, she has a breast-hips-weight measurement of 34-24-35 inches (86-61-89 cm), and she wears dress size 4 (US) or 34 (EU), bra size 32B, and shoe size 6 (US).
10. While as stated, Kate Mara is from a billionaire family that has a net worth of an estimated $1.3 billion, she has also done a lot for herself with all that she has been involved in such as acting and modeling, among other things. She has acquired a net worth that has been estimated to be over $10 million. She has also appeared in a number of commercials including an AT&T advertisement.