Evangeline Lilly is still going strong in Hollywood since her professional debut in 2002. The actress is best known for her roles on Lost, Real Steel, The Hurt Locker, and The Hobbit film series. But beyond that, she has also been honored for her many good works.
For her role in Lost, she was nominated for a Golden Globe Award and even received a Screen Actors Guild Award. However, it was her role as The Wasp (Hope Van Dyne) in the Marvel Cinematic Universe that solidified her superstar status. In the MCU, she appeared in Ant-Man, Ant-Man & The Wasp and is set to appear in the upcoming, highly anticipated fourth Avengers movie.
Evangeline Lilly’s Biography
Nicole Evangeline Lilly was born in Fort Saskatchewan in Alberta, Canada on the 3rd of August, 1979. Though born in Alberta, she was raised in British Columbia. Evangeline, who is the second of three children, has two sisters. Growing up, she attended W. J. Mouat Secondary School where she was not only the vice president of the student council but also a player for the school’s soccer team.
The actress was raised in the Christian religion which was the reason she decided to travel to the Philippines on a three-week mission trip after high school. This, in turn, led to her decision to study International Relations at the University of British Columbia after she took an interest in global development and humanitarian causes.
Evangeline Lilly is currently not married and does not have a husband. However, she has been in a long-term relationship with Norman Kali who she has been dating since 2010. Norman is best known as a production assistant who worked on the television series Lost, where Evangeline was one of the main cast members. The Hawaii born production assistant also worked on 50 First Dates, North Shore, The Big Bounce and several other films and television shows. After they began dating, the actress relocated to Hawaii so she could live with Norman.
However, Evangeline Lilly is not the only one who made concessions for the relationship. As her career grew, Norman also gave up his career to be a stay at home father to their children. The actress and Norman have two children together. Their first son, Kahekili was born in 2011 and the second (also a son) followed much later in 2015.
Prior to dating Norman, the actress was previously involved in a relationship with her Lost co-star – Dominic Monaghan who played Charlie Pace on the show. Dominic is an English actor who is best known for his roles in Lord Of The Rings, X-Men Origins: Wolverine and Flashforward. Their relationship started in 2004 and ended in 2009.
Though the actress isn’t currently married, she was once married in 2003 to Murray Hone, a Canadian Hockey Player. Not much is known about Murray, except the fact that their marriage lasted for only one year before the two got divorced.
Evangeline Lilly, who started acting in 2002, has a total net worth of $15 Million. This is the result of her accumulated salaries from a long and illustrious career. The Canadian actress has starred in several highly successful films and was one of the lead characters on one of the most popular shows of all time, Lost.
Other Interesting Facts About Evangeline Lilly
1. Before acting, Evangeline got her start as a model. She was discovered while walking through the streets of British Columbia by Ford Modeling Agency.
2. The actress has an athletic body build, a result of her putting in the effort to stay in shape. Her weight is listed as 55 kg (121 pounds) while her height is recorded to be 5 ft 5 in (165 cm).
3. To maintain her figure, the actress favors a raw food diet, which she considers more healthy than eating cooked food. She also exercises 5-6 times a week, focusing on cardio training, circuit training, toning exercises, and strength training. Evangeline Lilly also enjoys outdoor activities like jogging, rock climbing, surfing, and snowboarding.
4. Her first film was in 2003’s Freddy Vs Jason where she played a school student, although her appearance in the film was uncredited due to how minor it was. Her first television show appearance was on Reviews On The Run, a video game review TV show.
5. After high school, the young actress worked as a waitress, a flight attendant and as a ‘grease monkey’ for big rig trucks as a way to pay her tuition while at the University of British Columbia.