Elisa Pugliese may not be one of the most famous faces in Hollywood but she is certainly a part and parcel of America’s film and television industry. She is mainly involved in the behind-the-scenes aspect of show business as a director, producer or screenwriter, and also in several other capacities. Among her most notable projects is the 2014 romantic comedy flick, Boy Meets Girl, in which she served as a producer. Also an actress, this multi-talented star has appeared in a number of fine Hollywood movies over the years.
Pugliese has become even more prominent in recent times for her relationship with Hollywood actor and comedian Keegan-Michael Key. The picture-perfect couple has since tied the knot and as a result of that, she now goes by the name “Elisa Key”. Let’s get to learn more facts about the better half of one of Hollywood’s most famous funnyman.
Elisa Pugliese Bio (Age)
This filmmaker and actress was born Elisa Pugliese on the 2nd day of April in the year 1971. She was born and raised in The Bronx, New York.
Information about her early life and high school education are still largely unknown, only a few details have been revealed about her life as a young adult before she got famous.
Elisa is known to have had her college education at Syracuse University and she graduated in the year 1993.
Relationship with Keegan-Michael Key
Elisa Pugliese is married to American-born actor, comedian, writer, and producer, Keegan-Michael Key. The biracial funnyman first rose to fame in the early 2000s when he joined the main cast of the sketch comedy series, Mad TV. He has come to be better known for his work on the Emmy award-winning sketch comedy show, Key & Peele, which he created and starred in alongside Jordan Peele. Keegan was also on the main cast of another hit comedy show, Playing House, as well as other movies and TV series.
While it is unknown when or how they first met, Elisa Pugliese and Keegan-Michael Key began dating sometime in 2017. The duo kept their relationship under wraps for the first few months though they were seen together at so many red carpet events. While many of their fans were yet to discover that they were indeed an item, the couple took their romance a notch higher by getting engaged in November 2017.
After about 7 months of being engaged, this picture-perfect duo took their relationship to yet another level by walking down the aisle. They tied the knot in a small intimate ceremony held on June 8, 2018, at their home in New York. The following day, the couple hosted their family members and some of their famous friends to a lavish reception held at the One World Observatory in New York City. Pugliese wore a short sleeveless white dress for the wedding ceremony but for the reception, she donned a strapless purple gown made by iconic American designer Pamella Roland.
This appears to be Elisa Pugliese’s first marriage as she has not been married in the past. However, her husband Keegan-Michael Key was previously married to former actress Cynthia Blaise; the union ended in divorce in 2017.
Facts About Keegan-Michael Key’s Wife
1. Elisa Pugliese began working in film and television over two decades ago. She is known to have served as a color stylist in the animated film The Snow Queen (1995). Yea, she was a part of the movie’s animation department.
2. In the early 2000s, she recorded a cameo appearance in the highly successful comedy musical film School of Rock (2003) which was headlined by Jack Black.
3. She served as an executive producer for the documentary film American Teen (2008) and was also on the production crew of the 2010 political thriller film, Fair Game.
4. In 2013, Elisa Pugliese served as a producer on the comedy documentary film This American Journey. She equally served as a producer for the romantic comedy movie Boy Meets Girl (2014).
5. The multi-talented filmmaker is well known for her work in the comedy flick, Better Off Single (2016), in which she served as the executive producer. Also in 2016, she directed The 75th Annual Peabody Awards.