Diora Baird is an American model-turned-actress with numerous movie credits to her name. She has starred in several comedy movies including the box office hit Wedding Crashers (2005), Accepted (2006), Young People Fucking (2007), My Best Friend’s Girl (2008), Stan Helsing (2009) as well as the 2012 action thriller Transit.
On the small screen, the talented actress is well known for her recurring role on the comedy-drama series Shameless. While her acting career continues to flourish, Diora Baird has also delved into the behind-the-scenes aspect of Hollywood.
Biography, Who Is Diora Baird?
Diora Lynn Baird was born on April 6, 1983, in Miami, Florida. There is very little information regarding her early education. However, we are in the know that Baird started modeling at a very young age. Her mother, who was also a model, later got her enrolled in an acting class to help her overcome her shyness. Coincidentally, she excelled very well and went on to become the vice president of the Thespian Society in her school.
At the turn of the century, the then-17-year-old Diora Baird relocated to Los Angeles in order to boost her acting career. While waiting patiently for acting roles, the young Baird worked several jobs to pay her bills; catering, waiting tables, teaching and also posing as a party clown.
Eventually, the beautiful youngster got a chance at a modeling career and she swooped on it. As a model, she featured in an ad campaign for the clothing brand Guess?. She gained much more exposure following her appearance on the cover of the August 2005 publication of the international men’s magazine Playboy.
Baird’s first acting gig was a guest appearance on the final season of the ABC sitcom Drew Carey Show (2004). This was followed by a starring role in the hit comedy film Wedding Crashers (2005). Following her breakout role in Wedding Crashers, Diora Baird had a pretty busy year in 2006 as she featured in numerous movies. She starred in the comedy films Hot Tamale, Fifty Pills and Accepted. Baird’s biggest project of the year was her role as Bailey in the slasher film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning (2006).
In 2009, Diora Baird featured in the Sci-fi hit Star Trek (2009), however, hers were among the scenes deleted before the final version. She also featured in the horror comedy film Stan Helsing alongside Steve Howey, Kenan Thompson, Desi Lydic and Leslie Neilsen. The following year, she appeared in horror films Night of the Demons (2010) as well as 30 Days of Night: Dark Days (2010).
In addition to her movie roles, Diora Baird has also scored numerous small-screen roles. She made guest appearances on episodes of the TV series Big Day (2006-2007) Shark (2007), The Loop (2007) and Two and a Half Men (2009). The actress is also known for her recurring role as Meg in the comedy-drama series Shameless (2012-2013). She also starred in the one-season-long fantasy sitcom Angel from Hell in the recurring role of Brandi.
Baird has appeared in a number of videos of the comedy website/film company known as Funny or Die. She equally voiced a character on the Scarface action-adventure video game Scarface: The World Is Yours (2006).
Her Body Measurements
Height: 5′ 7″ (173 cm)
Weight: 54 kg (120 lb)
Bust Size: 37″ (94 cm)
Waist: 25″ (64 cm)
Hip Size: 35″ (89 cm)
Dress Size: 2 (US) or 34 (EU)
Shoe Size: 10 (US) or 43 (EU)
Quick Facts About Diora Baird
1. In 2003, the beautiful actress considered having a breast reduction surgery. According to her, she had become really uncomfortable with the massive size of her assets. Fortunately, she changed her mind and didn’t go ahead with the procedure.
2. Diora Baird is adjudged to be one of the most beautiful women of our time. The model-turned-actress was featured on Maxim magazine’s Hot 100 list in 2007, 2008 and 2011 where she ranked #76, #64 and #76 respectively. She was also featured twice in FHM magazine’s 100 sexiest women (UK) in 2010 and 2011.
3. In 2011, Baird featured in the music video of the song “Out of Goodbyes” by Maroon 5. She also featured in the music video of the song “Howlin for You” by the American rock band The Black Keys.
4. Diora Baird was previously married to fellow American actor Jonathan Togo. As a couple, they had one child together, a son born on December 12, 2012. They tied the knot on December 26, 2013. However, their marriage lasted just 3 years before they fell apart. Their divorce was finalized in 2016.
5. In May 2017, Diora Baird made a major revelation about her sexuality. In a magazine interview, the actress and model revealed that she is a lesbian. She also opened up that she is in a relationship with comedienne Mav Viola. In December 2017, Baird announced that she had gotten engaged to Viola.