If you’ve been keeping up with the comedy industry, you would discover that a lot of women are beginning to match up to their male counterparts on the stage. A look at the industry equally shows that it boasts several male Muslim comedians who are making waves in their own rights. However, only a few know about the likes of Dina Hashem, Maysoon Zayid, Aizzah Fatima, Zahra Noorbakhsh, Negin Farsad, to name but a few.
These are female Muslim comedians who tackle a whole lot of issues through the microphone and also make people laugh with their hilarious lines and confidence. Hashem may not be the most hilarious comedian you have met but she has an amazing personality, an overwhelming fan base and a good sense of humour. Get to know her more in this piece.
Dina Hashem – Wiki, Bio (Age)
The comedian was born into a Muslim family on the 25th day of August 1985. For some reasons, Dina is yet to reveal her place of birth and introduce her parents and relations to her fans. Also, it is not clear if she is an only child and where exactly she was raised.
Dina Hashem is believed to have received her elementary and high school education in the United States, however, the names of the institutions she attended are not known to the public. The comedian spent her college years at a university in the city of New Jersey called Rutgers University and later obtained a degree from the institution after completing her studies.
Before winning many hearts with her classic comedic packages that basically revolves around her Islamic upbringing and contemporary issues, Hashem briefly worked as an on-screen actress. Her most notable project in the movie industry till date is the television series, Ghost Friend, wherein she portrayed the fictional character, Willow.
Talking about her comedy career, Dina was inspired to take steps forward towards becoming a renowned comedian after she placed first at the Rutgers University, where she auditioned as a stand-up comedian for the first time in the year 2010.
Ever since she picked interest in the entertainment field, she has been invited to make people laugh at many places in New York. The Rutgers University graduate has also featured on prestigious platforms such as CONAN on TBS, Comedy Central’s Roast Battle and many more. Owing to her expertise in the comedy, the Muslim humourist’s writing skills have made it to TV Land websites, Nickelodeon, and Comedy Central.
On the internet as well, the comedienne has successfully established herself as an influencer and role model to amateur comedians. Some of the videos Hashem has uploaded on her YouTube page include The RoastMasters @ NYCF 11.10.17 Championship Match: Eli Sairs (C) vs. Dina Hashem (2014), Dina Hashem On Growing Up Arab In New Jersey – CONAN on TBS and Stand Up Comedy by Dina Hashem – Fatherhood. Recently, Dina released a video titled: Dina Hashem – Upfront 2018.
Facts About The Comedian
1. The Muslim comedienne’s net worth is estimated at two hundred and fifty thousand dollars ($250,000).
2. Information about the Rutgers graduate’s height, weight, and other body measurements is not readily available. However, from the pictures she posts online, it is clear that Dina Hashem is of average height. She looks fit and healthy always as well.
3. She is currently based in New York.
4. Dina Hashem did her first stand-up in front of 200 people in the auditioning room and after she won the competition, she was gifted a MacBook and one thousand dollars.
5. The American humourist grew up watching only stand-up and The Simpsons on the television.
6. Presently, Hashem is not in any known relationship with anyone. However, some of her fans believe she is more than a friend to comedian Max Antonucci. This feeling was necessitated by a photo of them she shared recently on her Twitter page. The picture was accompanied by a post about love. Regardless of the speculation, neither Dina Hashem nor Max has denied or confirmed if they are dating.
7. The comedienne is active on social media outlets like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, where she has thousands of followers. Apart from posting her comic contents for her fans, she also shares her daily life moments with them.